1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
this is concrete and foolproof evidence which cannot be disputed. bow down to the power of the tweet.

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
Put someone somewhere with good weather and not a lot of people and they're likely to be happy. We need technology to figure this out?

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
a better title could be states with people who use twitter that are more likely to complain about things or has tag negative things

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My friends living in the south are way happier than my fellow californians

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's because LA is one of the most miserable places to be.
I love it here...wouldn't move back to the South if they were to double my salary

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe for you. I love it here.
What do you love about..I'll give you that it is a beautiful area, but other than that, the weather sucks, that hippie-gothic crowd is not my shortcake, the beaches are awful, and Seattle in itself is definitely overrated

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Moutains, the temperate climate (never too hot, never too cold), it's actually cheaper to live here than Connecticut was, the food, the people here are a hell of a lot nicer, very outdoors focused, etc. Truth be told, I very rarely see anyone that would be classified as a hippie, and I live in one of the trendy neighborhoods. Portland is far worse about the hippies than Seattle is. I don't really care about the beaches, personally as I went a total of 1 time when I lived in San Diego.

I don't mind the rain, and the Summers are awesome weather. 75 and sunny. There are no ghettos in Seattle. Some areas aren't the greatest, but they are far better than the East Coast/L.A/San Diego ghettos. I can walk anywhere I want and not worry about getting jumped like I would in Detroit/Baltimore/DC/Southcentral LA.

In my field of work I have few choices on where to live. I think I would like NorCal just as good if not more, but I have no way of finding work there. San Diego was awesome to live there, but I wouldn't have stayed more than 5 years. Oregon was pretty cool, but again, no work for me there. My options were basically Seattle, very limited amount of work in San Diego, Mississippi/New Orleans, Norfolk VA, DC, or New England. New England is expensive for no reason, too cold in the winter, too hot/muggy in the summer, and the people there are assholes. DC: Fuck that. I absolutely hate that area with a passion. Hate the people, hate the traffic, hate the cost, hate the weather, hate everything. Norfolk: Not expensive, but some shady areas. The work available is government work, which I don't like at all. Gulf coast: Waaaay too hot/muggy. People are nice, cheap to live there, but there's not a lot that I'd like to do there. Too flat as well. I like to be in the mountains.

LA is too crowded and too expensive.

I don't expect most people to like Seattle. A lot of people don't like the overcast weather in the winter. But, it's where I'm thoroughly enjoying living.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Moutains, the temperate climate (never too hot, never too cold), it's actually cheaper to live here than Connecticut was, the food, the people here are a hell of a lot nicer, very outdoors focused, etc. Truth be told, I very rarely see anyone that would be classified as a hippie, and I live in one of the trendy neighborhoods. Portland is far worse about the hippies than Seattle is. I don't really care about the beaches, personally as I went a total of 1 time when I lived in San Diego.

I don't mind the rain, and the Summers are awesome weather. 75 and sunny. There are no ghettos in Seattle. Some areas aren't the greatest, but they are far better than the East Coast/L.A/San Diego ghettos. I can walk anywhere I want and not worry about getting jumped like I would in Detroit/Baltimore/DC/Southcentral LA.

In my field of work I have few choices on where to live. I think I would like NorCal just as good if not more, but I have no way of finding work there. San Diego was awesome to live there, but I wouldn't have stayed more than 5 years. Oregon was pretty cool, but again, no work for me there. My options were basically Seattle, very limited amount of work in San Diego, Mississippi/New Orleans, Norfolk VA, DC, or New England. New England is expensive for no reason, too cold in the winter, too hot/muggy in the summer, and the people there are assholes. DC: Fuck that. I absolutely hate that area with a passion. Hate the people, hate the traffic, hate the cost, hate the weather, hate everything. Norfolk: Not expensive, but some shady areas. The work available is government work, which I don't like at all. Gulf coast: Waaaay too hot/muggy. People are nice, cheap to live there, but there's not a lot that I'd like to do there. Too flat as well. I like to be in the mountains.

LA is too crowded and too expensive.

I don't expect most people to like Seattle. A lot of people don't like the overcast weather in the winter. But, it's where I'm thoroughly enjoying living.
I need to get the fuck out of CT for all the reasons you stated. I loved Arizona for the nearly 3 years I lived there, best state in the US as far as I'm concerned. I moved back here for family reasons and I'll probably be getting married to my Northeast for life girlfriend soon, and I'd hate to lose my pension again, so I'm probably stuck here. I actually like our summers here though, but the winters are horrible and the people blow ass. Come on Global Warming where you at!?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
La and California in general are an amazing place to live if you make good money.I am not rich but what i make allows me to live in a good area and to take advantage of some the amazing things SoCal has to offer. I live 3 miles from the beach and the area is amazing; safe, plenty of things to do and very convenient( it takes me 15 min to drive to work). Weather is SUPER important to me i just can't stand cloud rainy weather. I lived in Vancouver Canada and that weather almost killed me. For me the ideal is: good weather(not too hot summers, not too cold winters), decent size city with things to do and geography( i love mountains) ...so Cali was the perfect match for me considering my field of work. And the thing with L.A is that you have to live here to fully appreciate it. When i first moved here i hated everything about L.A but now i absolutely love this city. People complain about how big and sprawling L.A is but that's actually good because chances are that with all that diversity you are going to find your niche. There are places that i hate in L.A(like Hollywood,Beverly Hills) but there are plenty of other places that i love.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts