Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was on cable last night and there were some pretty good bikes. I thought the Martin Bros. bike was the best, I also liked Chica's. Some werent that good, I thought the beach cruiser bike was ghey, same with Arlen Ness's bike.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I missed the last episode where all of the bikes were in the same contest....who won?

·
Super Moderator
9,239 Posts
Nothing was better than the bike made by Russell Mitchell at Exile Cycles. That is more of what a chopper is than any of the other dozen or so bike that were made. It's just a truely bare bones bike with only the bare minimum that is riquired to make the bike run and go fast. No custom fabricated and molded bodywork to blend in the tank, seat and rear fender all together. No over the top rear tire that makes the bike look like a clown bike. No chrome or polish to waste your time on polishing. No airbrushed artwork on top of 15 coats of candy colored paint. Even the fat front tire was soo, aginst all the current trends, that is was cool. Plus he had that very slick "twist grip clutch", that was way too cool.

I've like the looks of the "simplistic" Exile Cycles bikes for a long time from seeing them in chopper magazines. If I was lucky enough to be able to buy a chopper I wouldn't hesitate about going down and buying one of their bikes.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Justin726 said:
Nothing was better than the bike made by Russell Mitchell at Exile Cycles. That is more of what a chopper is than any of the other dozen or so bike that were made. It's just a truely bare bones bike with only the bare minimum that is riquired to make the bike run and go fast. No custom fabricated and molded bodywork to blend in the tank, seat and rear fender all together. No over the top rear tire that makes the bike look like a clown bike. No chrome or polish to waste your time on polishing. No airbrushed artwork on top of 15 coats of candy colored paint. Even the fat front tire was soo, aginst all the current trends, that is was cool. Plus he had that very slick "twist grip clutch", that was way too cool.

I've like the looks of the "simplistic" Exile Cycles bikes for a long time from seeing them in chopper magazines. If I was lucky enough to be able to buy a chopper I wouldn't hesitate about going down and buying one of their bikes.

I see your point, and I did like his bike, but it has done before and it was not very creative. The reason I liked the Martin Bros. bike the best was because I felt he was the most talented. He did everything himslelf. From shaping the gas tank to the airbrush design. Most of the guys sent away to have it painted or sent away for someone else to make the parts, he did it all himself which I think made him the most creative.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I liked mitchell's bike the best. If that tank would have been a little b***** it would have been perfect. I think each bike had its merits and enjoyed watching them all.

·
Registered
304 Posts
01cbrf4i said:
i agree with Justin, that cable-less handlebar setup was awesome, why couldnt I think of that. There were some nice bikes on there.
It's neither new nor innovative. It's just a different way of pulling a cable. That said, I love the style of his company's machines.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I thought the martin bros was soo sweet. That dragon he painted on the tank was crazy!? Ima have to check the shop out since it said it was in dallas.

·
Just another n00b
473 Posts
Matt Hotch won the overall trophy because of his Air suspension in his bike. It was an awesome bike, but I would have to say that the Exile bikes by Mitchell were my favorite. If you check out thier site, their bikes run between $20,000 to $40,000 but they look awesome. Very simple looking but great. :D

I'm not too big into some of the other bikes like the ones from Arlen or Corey Ness. Too much paint and just too busy looking. Chica's bike was definately awesome and unique. The Bourget bike looked really comfortable though. :)

Here's a link where you can read up on thier bios and check out thier websites:

http://media.dsc.discovery.com/fansites/bike/bios/bios.html

·
Banned
245 Posts
im racist, all those choppers look a like.

They look like really kewl bikes and it has to be fun just to have a huge group of fans/bikers come out on the weekends and hang. But those custom bikes dont seem ergonomic friendly.

"im lucky to get it to 70" said the chopper builder with no suspension.

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
Crackhead said:
The reason I liked the Martin Bros. bike the best was because I felt he was the most talented. He did everything himslelf. From shaping the gas tank to the airbrush design. Most of the guys sent away to have it painted or sent away for someone else to make the parts, he did it all himself which I think made him the most creative.

+1 PLUS I felt his had the best style

Even though Kendall Johnsons shop is all of 2 miles from my office, I HAVE to go with the Martin Bros bike.....just basically the best design

Though I'd have it painted all black with the graphics only being ghost.....like clear with metal flake or something so incredibly subtle you have to be all up ON the bike to see it

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Justin726 said:

I agree. I would drive that before any of those flashy bikes. That thing would be bad as sh!t to own!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
"im lucky to get it to 70" said the chopper builder with no suspension.
That was the guy who also had the damaged right hand. He made the comment that he couldn't hold onto the bars because of the wind blast.

He's also the guy who broke down a few times. Then won the contest.

·
Registered
558 Posts
^^except for when he trys to do an undertail.

Personally I though the hilton bros was the best looking bike, but out of all them I'd prolly rather ride the dude from carolina's(kendall johnson i think). Dude puts some WORK into his motors.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts