Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday I was feeling a bit tired, but I didn't think of anything about it as I went to a party on Saturday and also neighbour had a party, so I coulnd't sleep until 4:30am and I woke up about 9- Today in the morning I woke up with a mildly sore throat and I was sneezing as if I was being exposed to an allergen, but it went away about noon, what didn't went away was the coughing sensation and fatigue. Later in the day I started feeling sore, it started with my arms as I was riding to have a coffee with a friend, as I was waiting I noticed my legs and feet were sore, then my shoulders...

I've had the flu before, I know how it goes and the difference to a cold, I'm sore, I've got a headache and chest discomfort, the initial symptoms, sore throat, sneezing and runny nose already went away...

And I've got a fever, I already tried cowbell but it didn't matter how much cowbell I had, the fever kept rising...

The fever was the confirmation, right now at 101.5°F... :badmood

A popular "remedy" on Mexico to the cold is to have tequila. Don't. Yeah, you forget about it, you sleep like a baby, but having the flu and being hungover makes for a terrible awakening.

·
pick your poison
2,972 Posts
Had it a few weeks ago. Stuff was awful.. Hot/cold, aches etc...

Ended up getting two shots in my ass, all good a few days later.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I got a flu shot 8 weeks ago and my arm is still messed up. Lady had to of hit a nerve. I'll never get another flu shot again. At least the flu only lasts a week or two, not 8+ weeks!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
I never get sick, but when I do. Its stuff like food poisoning or a super flu. A few Christmas ago I thought there was a risk of me actually dying from how much infection i had in my sinuses. It was torture with all the sinus pressure plus a constant fever I couldn't break.

when I was little I got strep throat about 5 times. One more time and they said they would take my tonsils out.

Edit: I don't get the flu shot. Fuck that shit. I got it a few times and I think its 1. phoney bologna and 2. harmful to the body long term.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I've been fortunate to be pretty impervious to the flu. I used to get a lot of sinus infections when I was smoking, but otherwise I've been able to avoid it. My son gets his flu shot every year, but that's only because he's young, and especially now that he's in school that's the last thing I want him to come home with.

Lots of liquids and lots of sleep. When I was in my early 20s and didn't have medical insurance it used to be a shot of nyquil and a shot of jack every four to eight hours. Couple days later I'd be up and about like nothing ever happened.

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
The OP doesn't have influenza, odds are only a few reading this thread have. If you contract an influenza infection you will either die or wish you were dead. It is seriously nasty.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
I was going to say... if you can post about it, Suss, you probably don't actually have it. I have had it once and I was so sick I could barely function on my own for a week (and probably couldn't at all for a couple of those days), and it took almost another full week to be able to go back to work.

Whatever it is, I hope you feel better soon! :itsok

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really hope you guys are right. Doctor is coming later today, woke up with 102F, paracetamol has helped keep the fever down and naproxen for the soreness.

Just for the record, I did had influenza once before. Hope it's just an infection.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I get a flu shot most years. This year seemed a bit out of the ordinary. Most of the time when I get it I never feel a thing...maybe a little vague soreness at most. This year my arm was a bit sore by the time I went to bed that night...and sore enough to wake me up at 4AM feeling like someone had delivered an atomic knucklepunch on my arm for about a coupla minutes..then it faded...and was almost completely gone by morning.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I had the flu once when I was in middle school. I couldn't tell one day from the next. It was awful. I was in my underwear covered with every blanket we had because one minute I'd be freezing and the next I was on fire. I don't even remember how long it lasted, I just remember being laid out on the couch puking nonstop, and the huge temperature swings. I really thought I was going to die.

Still, I don't do flu shots.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Drinking, not getting enough sleep, and trying to rush around during this time of the year is how people get the flu. Need to make sure you strengthen your immune system this time of year, not weaken it when it's most vulnerable.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well it isn't the flu, it's pharyngitis. Something-coccus, I'll start antibiotics tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I was going to say... if you can post about it, Suss, you probably don't actually have it. I have had it once and I was so sick I could barely function on my own for a week (and probably couldn't at all for a couple of those days), and it took almost another full week to be able to go back to work.

Whatever it is, I hope you feel better soon! :itsok
Still sounding better than what I've got going on with my arm. :)

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I had the flu this spring right around the end of march, as I recall.

It lasted a full week. for 5 days I could keep nothing down. moving was not recommended. at all. fever was high and ridiculous. I seriously felt like a description of death. Water was undrinkable, and totally pukable.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts