Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would be riding tonight to see Felix the Housecat and then Paul Oakenfold at Summerfest, but I might need to get tanked and have my bud drive ;) They charged us $3 to park our bikes last night.. I think they needed to rent out more parking space or something, we were stuck right next to the Italian Community Center. It was such a clusterfuck getting out of there, it makes parking about 1mi away (my usual spot) more appealing.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I was planning on riding to see Oakenfold tonight but after reading calculusballer's post (ok, who puts the word calculus in their handle, geez ;)) I might just catch a ride with some friends or walk- it's probably a 2 mile walk for me though. Maybe I'll just try to find parking in the third ward like we did last night. That worked out very well.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
calculusballer said:
I would be riding tonight to see Felix the Housecat and then Paul Oakenfold at Summerfest...They charged us $3 to park our bikes last night.. I think they needed to rent out more parking space or something, we were stuck right next to the Italian Community Center.
Where are they playing at? If it's anywhere else than the Marcus, I will have to cancel my plans and get my ass down there.

Was the Harley lot full when you got there? I'm guessing it was because that's what usually happens when it does...they park the bikes at the Italian Community Center for $3...either way that's still a bargin...cheaper parking than in a car and right by the front gate.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'll be riding tonite... fer shizzle

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was planning on riding to see Oakenfold tonight but after reading calculusballer's post (ok, who puts the word calculus in their handle, geez ) I might just catch a ride with some friends or walk- it's probably a 2 mile walk for me though. Maybe I'll just try to find parking in the third ward like we did last night. That worked out very well.
Hey it's a unique name! You should have asked, who is DARING enough to put the word calculus in their handle! It takes balls of steel, let me tell ya :D Enjoy the show(s) tonight if you go guys/gals and watch out for those chrome covered overheating things down there.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Balls of steel or an enginerd (I'm not knocking ya, I just graduated with my computer engineering degree;))

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lol sweet deal dude, I'm going into my 4th year of my Comp. Sci degree, it's going to take a while to get out now since I'm starting a co-op in fall. Working fulltime while all my friends are in school will be sweet :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
whats up guys whos goin out tonite then.. im down! lookni for ppl to go with

·
Registered
348 Posts
So I saw Felix the Housecat and Oakenfold last night. I wasn't that impressed by Felix- especially since he screwed up more than once and I didn't think he mixed that well.

Oakenfold was pretty kicking, but I ended up leaving at about 11:15 because I got sick of standing on the benches. If you saw a guy wearing a black HJC leather riding jacket, that was me.

What did you guys think of the shows?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I saw both Felix and Oakenfold, Felix was cool, but I agree, he wasn't trying too hard. Oakenfold was amazing, I would hae never expected to see him at something like summerfest, he usually does really exotic clubs all over the world. Everyone was getting into the music so it was a really fun time. I probally couldn't pass a drug test now from all the weed people were smoking around me lol

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
calculusballer said:
Oakenfold was amazing, I would hae never expected to see him at something like summerfest, he usually does really exotic clubs all over the world.
I wish I could have made it last night for the above reason alone. I was thinking the same thing yesterday when you mentioned it. I was like...hmmm...Oakenfold at Summerfest???? :confused: He's on the same level as Paul Van Dyke and Tiesto...they are almost never in the states...mainly clubs in Europe (ie Liverpool, London, etc).

Unfortunately, I was really tired from all the late nights this week and I promised I'd hang out with a friend that I hadn't seen in a while.

Have any of you guys picked up the new Tiesto CD, fine it's not his typical all mix album..mainly new self-written tracks, but it's hot either way.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I saw PVD at The Rave when he came a couple months ago- that was kickin! Also saw Da Rude at Pure last year which was a good time

·
Registered
158 Posts
Captal said:
I saw PVD at The Rave when he came a couple months ago- that was kickin! Also saw Da Rude at Pure last year which was a good time
I was at the Da Rude show at the Rave last year as well.... fun time.
I forget who was playing upstairs before that one, but the base player was a hottie and quite friendly as well (I think she had something for my buddy, but she didn't seem to make it downstairs for Da Rude and we never bumped into her again)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts