Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have to love the Hornet or as you Yanks call it the 599, it is everything to every man. :lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
I love mine....it is very much fun, quite snappy and agile. I love naked bikes, never had anything but!

·
rebel litre
3,748 Posts
are the 599's considered "sport" or "cruiser"?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honda have it listed as "Traditional" , Me personally would say more sport than cruiser

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I am interested in 599 but would like to hear some more comments...

any weak stuff about it? suspensions? no fuel injection? long warm up time?

what make you decide on 599? what bike did you have before? My other choice would be Yamaha FZ6 or Suzuki SV650.

I sat in 599 last week and it is very similar to my Suzuki 99 GS500E.. which is good.. can't take the aggressive riding position of those supersports 600cc bike for long trip.. but the bike seems small to me.. I am 5'10" 170lb.

thanks!

Ernest

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I saw one at my dealers and he said is was basically the same as the F4i except naked

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 599 is so adaptable to your needs, you can alter the bars, suspension, seat just about everything I'll go and pick out some of my fave Hornet pics............

Watch this space.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Hornet was offered with a small headlight fairing as standard, but was stopped in 2003 with the introduction of the CBF600.

and this is the CBF600 (below)

The CBF is a detuned Hornet motor available with and without screen and with ABS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts