Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort: Well Gang it is official the TN Governor has closed the Dragon and is unwilling to accept the help of NC for medical and law enforcement. We will probably be forced to close the resort and not sure we will reopen this year. Lots of rumors flying around as to when they will get the mess cleaned up. I have heard 14 week to Aug. I will let you know more when I do.

This is copy and pasted from the dragon Facebook Page!!

Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort | Facebook

·
I resemble that remark!
1,107 Posts
I don't get it.

Are they closing the actual road? What about for people that live there and need to use that road.

or, is the resort just closing. Because if it's just the resort that's closing, then good. If the resort closes, then there will be a LOT less people crashing all over the place on that road.

Just like anything else, as soon as a spot gets too popular it gets shut down. I knew this would happen. It's no surprise to me.

We go up there every year for a riding vacation and that tiny stretch of road is the very last place we stop. There is so much better riding around than that road. As far as I'm concerned, that road is where people go to hang out and shoot the shit more than to ride.

·
Shut the **** up and ride
5,031 Posts
Im not surprised with all the negative vibes associated with it (wrecks, fatalities, etc).

No big deal, just ride the tons of other awesome roads in that area. Were definitely still going down whether the Dragon is closed or not.

Hopefully Killboy will still have a job tho! Maybe he will be moving his spots onto BRP or something..

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sounds like the road may be closing. People are talking about the extra 45 minutes it takes to get somewhere...

·
Registered
479 Posts
This is just due to a landslide, it will reopen... some day. So the closure isn't permanent, but it will certainly hurt/shutter the resort built to serve it.

·
I resemble that remark!
1,107 Posts
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha!! They will NEVER close a road like that........................NEVER!!!

Never never never never never...........do you understand????????????? NEVER. It's a fucking interstate road that will NEVER be closed...NEVER!!

I don't give a fucking shit what Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort says. Those fucking assholes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
March 20, 2010: The rock slide on US 129 is located between the Dragon and Happy Valley Road/Foothills Parkway. US 129 has been closed at the TN/NC State Line by Tennessee making the Dragon itself inaccessable. There are mixed reports from TDOT on reopening. One says reopen will be March 26, the other gives no date. The only alternatives are the Cherohala Skyway US 441 through the Great Smoky Mountains. There are many great roads in North Carolina. Use this opportunity to run the Moonshiner28. Watch for weather updates on the Cherohala.

Also be aware the TN 73 Little River Road is closed. It is scheduled to reoprn Sunday March 21.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like they are back open!!!!

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I'll be there from the 20th to 23rd

1 - 16 of 16 Posts