Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More and more motorcycles are using digital clusters, what is you take on that?
I personally prefer to see the rpm needle climbing...just an extra adrenaline rush...i was fine when they started using digital speedometer but kept the regular rpm gauges...but it;s all digital....any thoughts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Hmm, you prefer analog gauges but yet you bought an 1199 S which pretty much has the epitome of digital instrumentation.

Funny that....

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have a panigale ..that's my "dream" bike

·
Registered
357 Posts
I never cared for the all-digital display, looks too much like a fish-finder screen. My Triumph STR has it right; nice big round analogue tach with warning lights and 6 shift lights at the top, and left of that a digital speedo with gear indicator, temperature, time etc. Also looks fantastic at night.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I like digital, looking to replace all the gauges of the Ultra with digital. Cost is a bit high, $900 for six. On a sportbike, I like the analog tach, with digital speedo.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
I never cared for the all-digital display, looks too much like a fish-finder screen. My Triumph STR has it right; nice big round analogue tach with warning lights and 6 shift lights at the top, and left of that a digital speedo with gear indicator, temperature, time etc. Also looks fantastic at night.
This. I like the way the 675 Gauges are. I just wish there was an actual temp number instead of bars, and I wish I had a fuel gauge.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Both my bikes have digital speedo and tach. With that being said, I wish they had analog tachs. Both tachs are very hard to see in daylight. I can only hope that newer bikes are much easier to read.

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
that's the same link i posted...
Page not found when I click the link. In the URL it says "http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/!450278!http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/open-forums/450278-what-hitler-thinks-potato.html"

Obviously, that's incorrect.

·
freetors
640 Posts
I would have to say I prefer a digital speedo and analog tach. That said, my current bike doesn't even have a tach, just a small digital speedo.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Both analog on the bikes I have. And I like them that way.

The :gsxr had the digital speedo and analog tach. That was a good combo for that bike.

Sent from HTC Thunderbolt.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts