Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I don't know if this is centralized to just the 600 class and to be honest don't know if this is true at all. But from what i've picked up so far from reading and hearing ppls comments I've gained that:
Yamaha: Light and can flick around the corners well
Honda: Big engines and are generally faster

Have I messed up somewhere? Also, what about kawas and suzukis? Just wanna get this straigh in my head.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
Here's the thing...All the 1000's are capable of reaching speeds higher than 170 mph and can get around a race track or back road like it's nobodys business...All are light and nimble...They all run about the same quarter mile...They all look great...

In other words, waaaaaaaaaay too much bike for a new rider...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yep, you've about got it...

Yamaha: narrower than the others, flickable, fast
Honda: bulletproof engines, no torque
Suzuki: wider slightly in the seat, fast
Kawasaki: more comfortable than the others, slower than Yammy and Suzi's...

the speed wars are ever changing...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I dont think that you can sum up what a brand is in a few words and manage to blanket the entire company's motorcycles characteristics.

BUT since no one seems to conform to common sense and logic anymore.... Ill play...

YamaHA- Sexy as hell, usually light, nimble, and twitchy.
Suzook- Wicked fierce engines, edgy, a bit unrefined, and they all look alike (not a bad thing imho)
Honduh- all around bikes. Smooth powerbands, known for weak styling, good fit and finish and bulletproof design. more relaxed ergos usually.
KawaSAKI- More focused as of late. Reputation for rediculous badass engines (read: ZX10R, Muzzy, etc....)

Im generally referring to the race replicas here.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahh ok ok cool thanks for clearin that up guys. And whoever said somethin earlier lol i dont want one as a first bike.

·
Banned
730 Posts
scorpion12 said:

Could you be more off-base w/ these?

·
Registered
19 Posts
scorpion12 said:

Huh? What are you talking about here? Dirt bikes? :alky

·
Banned
30 Posts
The big four have different characteristics, which comes down to a matter of personal taste.

For what its worth, I agree with the above posts. Honda's are great for reliability and fit and finish, but not much for styling. Suzuki is at the other end of the spectrum. PERSONALLY, I think they pay too much attention to styling, fashion and trends, and not enough to fit and finish and reliability.

Yamaha and kawasaki fall somewhere in between.

I like Kawi's because of the way the engine delivers the power. Smooth, wicked top end, usually accompanied by a viscious grawl from the engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I personally have to say that they break down like this:

Yamaha - Most flickable and track ready bike, best handling bikes, most power high in the rev range which makes them better track bikes than street bikes. usually produce the best track times in stock form.

Suzuki - Probably the best all around bikes not really the best at anything just pretty damn good in everything.

Honda - best fit and finish, heavy, and most "new" user friendly.

kawasaki - Brute engines, least refined horse power out of all 4, Just an all out terror in the straights.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yea right try read the reviews. Suzuki is still the best all around bike. For 04 if u read the reviews it has the best pull all the way to red. I can agree fro experience of owning an 04 myself, which I race. I have also rode a 04 Honda 600rr. Nice bike but I hate the seat. My buddy say he likes it but wishes he went with the Suzuki because it is easier to set up for the track and Suzuki is more user friendly for the track. All in all the are all pretty close in performence. It comes down to rider preference. As for a first bike go for a 600cc. I have found that a 600cc is quick on the track than a 1000cc. This was proven when they took a pro and put him on a 600, 750 and a 1000cc. His fastest track time was on a 600cc. Anyway get a 600cc and learn to ride it comfortably, then come to the track and learn how to real ride. Trust me from experience, these guys on the streets that have 1000 or what ever and act like the are billy bad ass cant ride for shit. Going fast doesn't mean crap. Check out www.teampromotion.com. I have had the best time and I mean the best time of my life riding with this club, trust me riding on a track with PRO's like Mike Himmelsbach National Champion racer on the Hooters Suzuki is an awesome experience, this guy rocks. check out my garage for pics of Pocono July 2 2004 track day. Well if anyone has any question just ask. Oh and be safe out there on the street.

·
Registered
143 Posts
This is why I like my VTR and think it is very often overlooked. Its narrow like the Yamaha so it handles very well and the V twins torque will pull you out of the corner nicely...Looks are nice if you are not a fan of full fairings and you get Honda reliability.

·
Registered
247 Posts
scorpion12 said:

thats very close to real world experiences on all those bikes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts