Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out of the dating scene for the last :gulp: 5 years.... I've got many issues regarding relationships (last one was on and off for 6 years, child involved, she's a cheating, dogfucking whore), but I've decided to force myself back in the game.

I was doing some remodeling work for a neighbor (Single mom, we've been pet-sitting for eachother for about 4 years now) a few weeks ago and struck up a conversation with her daughter (who is actually a year older than I). We've talked on and off (she's quiet, I'm shy) for years, but this conversation piqued my interest.

I was thinking about asking her out to a movie, but it just so happened that it was my buddy's birthday that friday (mine was a few days later) and he was having a bar-b-q and movie night. I was speaking to her mother about plans for remodeling her kitchen and I mentioned that my good friend who grew up next door was having a bar-b-q and that I was wondering if her daughter would be interested in coming along. I asked her to give her daughter my cell number as she was asleep at the time.

The next day (day of the party) the Daughter called me, I explained what the plan was, she politely declined stating that she had already made plans with other friends (that's understandable) she said she would try to convince them to change the theatre that they were going to. I didn't think much of it, it was short notice, no biggie. I actually felt kinda relieved...

The next day I was over talking to my neighbor about the kitchen (and picking up some cash). And the Daughter came up and apologized for not being able to make it, but said she would like to go out some other time.

Ok, I'm reading this as she overlooked my short notice stupidity, but she's giving me a chance to redeem myself.

Now, my friends and I have bi-weekly bar-b-qs, and sometimes we grab a movie too (10-15 friends and family). Should I invite her to one of our get togethers? Or should I take her out to a movie- just the two of us (she doesn't know any of my friends).

I don't want to take her to dinner- that's too much like a "date"- but on the other hand I don't want to get stuck in the "friendszone". But on the flipside I don't want to get too serious quickly because I'd feel guilty charging her mom 10% below standard rate on the work I do, and she DOES live within 50 yards of me.

But at the same time I don't want her to feel awkward about half accepting my invitation just to have me drop the subject completely.
:squid
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,671 Posts
You over-think things as much as a woman. She's clearly interested in growing the relationship. There's no wrong answer, but I would not do much until you're done with the job, as if things implode with her, working in the house will be awkward.

And stop snooping in her underwear when they're not home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
f2benny said:
You over-think things as much as a woman. She's clearly interested in growing the relationship. There's no wrong answer, but I would not do much until you're done with the job, as if things implode with her, working in the house will be awkward.

And stop snooping in her underwear when they're not home.
:lao That's not much of an answer. The job won't be finished for 6-8 months (I'm doing it room by room) and I'm not going to tell her "yeah, I'd love to date you but I'm having second thoughts on mixing business with pleasure, let's wait a while".

And I haven't even seen what's on the other side of her bedroom door.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
If you're forcing youself back into the dating game chances are you aren't ready. Don't carry your emotional baggage from past relationships into a new one, it will doom it from the start.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
773 Posts
first if thats you in your aviator then try looking a lil less like your bout to slit her throat. also if you last gf was a dogfucker i reccomen counceling and find out why u like dog fuckers. no seriously...... take her ona date ifyou like her make it more intimate the first time i hate when a guy ask me out and we hang out for hte first time with all his boys i feel out of place.. so here is what u do take her for a ride or to a dirtbike race or to a lake to feed ducks. then take her home fuck her like you have been in jail with UK for 20 years and shoot a load in her mouth if she swallows she is a keeper if she spits then spit her back into the pond!!!! sorry my advice isnt like most females.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,764 Posts
First off, dude, change your avatar. That avatar is of a guy that fucked and killed his neighbours dog, and also raped their daughter. So yeah, change that.

2nd, take her out just you 2 before you introduce her to all of your buddies. Not sure about your group of friends but 10-15 guys, chances are there's gonna be a cockblocker amongst them.

And finally.....

:needpics
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,897 Posts
Mr. Lesbian said:
Not sure about your group of friends but 10-15 guys, chances are there's gonna be a cockblocker amongst them.
:eek:nfloor


Dreamy and Mr. ***** are right - don't take her to hand with all of your friends right away.

On the other hand, don't take her to a movie for the first (or 2nd or 3rd) date. Go someone (dreamy suggested feeding the ducks) that you two can talk and get to know each other. The relationship will be much better if you get to know her better before taking it anywhere
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Yeah if you say shes shy, dont take her out with all your friends the first time cause she will be uncomfortable if she doesnt know them. You say your quiet too, so I would take her to a movie, that way there wont be that whole awkward silence thing if you cant think of anything to talk about, and after the movie yall will have that to talk about if nothing else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,027 Posts
Don't do the movies because then you won't have much of a chance to sit and talk to her. Why don't you take her out for ice cream, or feed the ducks like dreamy suggested... or a cup of coffee...or a stroll through a state park?

The thing is, if you are ready to start dating then just do it. Have a talk with her after the first date, if you really like her, about your worries to mix business with pleasure. Tell her about your worries.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Relax! I find that the best way to figure out, in a short period of time, if you're "interested" in each other is to meet for an hour or so, just for a cocktail. It's usually much more relaxed than dinner or meeting family/friends for the first time. Sort of an "ice-breaker" if you will . . . Just my chick input . . . Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
00600 said:
I've been out of the dating scene for the last :gulp: 5 years.... I've got many issues regarding relationships (last one was on and off for 6 years, child involved, she's a cheating, dogfucking whore), but I've decided to force myself back in the game.

I was doing some remodeling work for a neighbor (Single mom, we've been pet-sitting for eachother for about 4 years now) a few weeks ago and struck up a conversation with her daughter (who is actually a year older than I). We've talked on and off (she's quiet, I'm shy) for years, but this conversation piqued my interest.

I was thinking about asking her out to a movie, but it just so happened that it was my buddy's birthday that friday (mine was a few days later) and he was having a bar-b-q and movie night. I was speaking to her mother about plans for remodeling her kitchen and I mentioned that my good friend who grew up next door was having a bar-b-q and that I was wondering if her daughter would be interested in coming along. I asked her to give her daughter my cell number as she was asleep at the time.

The next day (day of the party) the Daughter called me, I explained what the plan was, she politely declined stating that she had already made plans with other friends (that's understandable) she said she would try to convince them to change the theatre that they were going to. I didn't think much of it, it was short notice, no biggie. I actually felt kinda relieved...

The next day I was over talking to my neighbor about the kitchen (and picking up some cash). And the Daughter came up and apologized for not being able to make it, but said she would like to go out some other time.

Ok, I'm reading this as she overlooked my short notice stupidity, but she's giving me a chance to redeem myself.

Now, my friends and I have bi-weekly bar-b-qs, and sometimes we grab a movie too (10-15 friends and family). Should I invite her to one of our get togethers? Or should I take her out to a movie- just the two of us (she doesn't know any of my friends).

I don't want to take her to dinner- that's too much like a "date"- but on the other hand I don't want to get stuck in the "friendszone". But on the flipside I don't want to get too serious quickly because I'd feel guilty charging her mom 10% below standard rate on the work I do, and she DOES live within 50 yards of me.

But at the same time I don't want her to feel awkward about half accepting my invitation just to have me drop the subject completely.
:squid
Your avatar is the guy who came across the border from Canada with an ax and a knife and killed his parents on his birthday :bitchslap !! DAMN WE GOTTA CLOSE THAT CANADIAN BORDER!! Damn Canucks!! :eek:nfloor
 

·
Head Rooster
Joined
·
3,438 Posts
no no no no NO! Never go to a movie on a first date. BIG mistake, tell ya what I'll shoot you in the foot and save you the hassle. The point behind a first date is to talk, get to know eachother, etc.

Now BBQ + movie can be a good thing. You've got plenty of people around, you can bs with her, plus if the movie sucks you can do your own thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
ASCI_Blue said:
no no no no NO! Never go to a movie on a first date. BIG mistake, tell ya what I'll shoot you in the foot and save you the hassle. The point behind a first date is to talk, get to know eachother, etc.

Now BBQ + movie can be a good thing. You've got plenty of people around, you can bs with her, plus if the movie sucks you can do your own thing.
I like Dreamy's theory. If she swallows she's a keeper!! However, it could be kind of hot if she spits it back all over herself and makes a mess. :cheers :eek:nfloor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,682 Posts
ASCI_Blue said:
no no no no NO! Never go to a movie on a first date. BIG mistake, tell ya what I'll shoot you in the foot and save you the hassle. The point behind a first date is to talk, get to know eachother, etc.

Now BBQ + movie can be a good thing. You've got plenty of people around, you can bs with her, plus if the movie sucks you can do your own thing.
Dude, they're both shy. You have to modify the advice for the players.

And BTW, going to a group event on the first date is often relationship disaster. One of your buddies will generally fuck it up for you by saying something idiotic. And you're opening yourself up to a lot of competition before you've made the sale.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,321 Posts
Take her on a "friendly" date first before a shin dig with all of your guy friends, that way she gets to know you and get's more comfy with you before you drag her out infront of all of your buddies. If she is shyer don't you think she'd prefer "knowing" atleast one person at the bbq(which would be yourself) vs. not knowing one person. Plus if you don't show her you interested in you she might take interest in one of your friends, ya never know... Anywhoo I new to the dating game now too, just got out of a 2 year relationship two and 1/2 months ago and you would not believe how many guys hit on me and ask me on dates now like the word that I am single has spread like wild fire through FL :lol, I almost don't know what to do with myself hehe...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
Don't listen to these pansies telling you to be nice to this girl...Whip out your cock and see how she reacts! She'll love it! It works for me all the time. Women love a guy with confidence, and what's more confident than a guy that will just whip out the cock with no warning?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,321 Posts
10esee Jed said:
Don't listen to these pansies telling you to be nice to this girl...Whip out your cock and see how she reacts! She'll love it! It works for me all the time. Women love a guy with confidence, and what's more confident than a guy that will just whip out the cock with no warning?
Actually this guy isn't too far off. I will have to admit I recently met a guy who is super confident, not cocky, but confident and it was a MAJOR turn on to me for some odd reason. I dunno if it was a mega turn on b/c I think my ex was too self councious or if it's because he's more of a "man's man". I like a guy who can take control and do his thing no questions asked.
 
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Top