15,151 Posts

·
How about them Redskins?
2,418 Posts
Due to this new title, they should rename Caracas to Carcass.......LOL

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I've been there before and really enjoyed it. Is it legal to carry a weapon (gun or knife)?

·
Jive Turkey
4,528 Posts
Have you ever felt threatened during your time there? I know if my city had that label, I'd be nervous as Hell where ever I went.

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts
I would of probably said somewhere in Africa...

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
Move to the U.S.A. :banana

We have craig ferguson

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
510 murders in December? Damn. It took Chicago a year to kill off that many people (not counting police brutality.)

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been there before and really enjoyed it. Is it legal to carry a weapon (gun or knife)?
It's a nice place to visit, but after living here for 15 years, I'm tired of it lol.

To carry a gun you need a permit, which is kinda hard to get due to excessive bureaucracy, so many people don't ever get one and carry illegal firearms.

Even though, carrying a gun in here is pretty useless most of the times...the thugs always attack at least in pairs, there's always a spotter...you just don't get the time to pull out your gun. Also, if you shoot a thug or kill him, you go through hell...corrupt cops try to get money out of you so you can escape jail, the family/friends of the dead thug will want revenge, etc, etc, etc. It's just not worth it IMO.

Have you ever felt threatened during your time there? I know if my city had that label, I'd be nervous as Hell where ever I went.
I try to not let fear control me. Thankfully, I live in the better part of the city, and most of my commute/college/work places are in "safer" zones. But I'm always alert for any suspicious persons, and much more when I'm riding (I commute daily with my bike). Bike theft is ridiculously high, and most of it is at gunpoint. When I stop at a light, I'm always checking my mirrrors, not for cagers, but for a couple of thugs that show up on another bike.

Move to the U.S.A.
I'd love to, but only if I enter legally. I love America, everytime I have visited it I have enjoyed a lot. But then, I don't want any americans complaining that I stole their jobs :lao

God willing, I only have one more year living in this hell (Last year of college), then I will try to go somewhere else nicer. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
OT but this thread reminds of a quote by Marion Berry (the mayor of Washington DC) when DC was declared the murder captiol of the US: "If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts