Sport Bikes banner

the butterfly effect

794 views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Exodus 
#1 ·
i just saw it and think its a really fucked up movie. if you havent seen it go rent it.

#6 ·
I still haven't seen it.

I can't get over the idea that Kutcher is an idiot, and I find it hard to believe him as a serious actor.

I want to see it, yet I can't bring myself to do it.

#7 ·
Just saw it last night... well worth the rent~
The whole production team did an excellent job~
The change in the charactors (actions and makeup)
in the different times was totally incredible~ Definitly
one of the better fliks I've seen in a long time....

#9 ·
I thought they did a good job matching up the younger versions of the main characters with the older ones. A lot of movies goof that up, but this one had some good casting.

#12 ·
jluu6r said:
i just saw it and think its a really fucked up movie. if you havent seen it go rent it.

i couldnt agree more...

i heard alot of good reviews about it so i just went and bought it earlier..

after it was done, i was just like..... "wow"

#13 ·
ok, for those of you that got it on dvd, which ending did you like better?

#15 ·
BuRn__ said:
i like the normal one. the director's cut seemed to just end it w/o any real aftermath.

ya, the directors cut actually seemed more "movie oriented" if that makes any sense.... its almost like they should have been reversed... hahha

#17 ·
*** spoiler for directors cut ***

it is the same all the way up to where he goes back for the last time, only this time he goes back to where he first met kaylie and tells her he hates her and that if she ever talks to him he will kill her and her whole family, then he whispers "goodbye" to her...

Then Evan wakes up in college, and lenny (the chubby one when they were kids) is his roomate. Evan asks how kaylie is, but Lenny doesnt know who she is (so im guessing he never met tommy, the crazy one). Then he and Lenny go out and burn all of his journals. Lenny asks him if he is sure he wants to do it, and Evan says yes, "yes, i know who i am".

It flashes to 8 years ahead and he is talking to his mom on his cell phone walking down a crowded street and he sees kaylie walking past. She stopped and turned around with a confused look on her face, like one of those "i know you from someplace looks" and then she turns around and keeps walking. Then he turned around to look and she was walking away, and the movie ends.

#18 ·
Exodus said:
*** spoiler for directors cut ***

it is the same all the way up to where he goes back for the last time, only this time he goes back to where he first met kaylie and tells her he hates her and that if she ever talks to him he will kill her and her whole family, then he whispers "goodbye" to her...

Then Evan wakes up in college, and lenny (the chubby one when they were kids) is his roomate. Evan asks how kaylie is, but Lenny doesnt know who she is (so im guessing he never met tommy, the crazy one). Then he and Lenny go out and burn all of his journals. Lenny asks him if he is sure he wants to do it, and Evan says yes, "yes, i know who i am".

It flashes to 8 years ahead and he is talking to his mom on his cell phone walking down a crowded street and he sees kaylie walking past. She stopped and turned around with a confused look on her face, like one of those "i know you from someplace looks" and then she turns around and keeps walking. Then he turned around to look and she was walking away, and the movie ends.

You do realize that you just spoiled the ending of the theatrical cut, right??

The director's cut ends with him going back while his mom is pregnant. The theatrical cut ends with him going back to when he met Kaylie.

#19 ·
Haha, I was thinking the same thing, I think you got your endings mixed up, I liked the Directors Cut a little better. Spoiler coming up................................................

I liked the whole fetus suicide thing, kinda cool, and very creative.

#20 ·
ya, i got them mixed up... no one said anything after i figured it out, so i didnt say anything

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.