Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard many stories about people buying bikes and letting there friends ride them and they go out and crash them. So I would like to hear all of your stories. About the bro rule!

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
I try not to do it. I don't want to break anyone else's shit. But two of my riding "bros" as you call it, force me to ride their bikes. Then they want to ride mine. :rolleyes:

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
i let my friends ride my bike. well, the ones who can afford to replace it if they crash. i don't ride with squids. most of my friends are ex-roadracers like me and for the most part i trust them implicitly. vice versa they have no problems letting me ride thier bikes as well.

now i just wish one of them bastards would get a new ZX-10r.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I am not letting anyone ride my bike, seems to risky......

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Simple. You break it, you buy it. Most people don't ride just because they fear doing damage.
Most of my closer friends are Harley guys. So they are somewhat intimidated by a crotch rocket. The guy with the stroked out (96 inches) HD is flatly scared of what'll happen on my 600R. I can't convince him that his HD is much harder to handle (big engine, nearly 1000 pounds of poorly balanced bike, crappy brakes, buckhorn bars) than my lithe little 600. Even if it is fast, it's MEANT to go fast and stop fast.
As for sport bikers I know. Most of them I ride with ride b*****, faster bikes and are far and away better sport riders than me. So letting them ride my bike is no problem, most just have no interest in it. "It's just a 600R" after all...........

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I'm with Solly on that one ... break it, buy it. But I have let friends take my bikes out. Only ppl I trust. But also, I take the key to their bikes, and them knowing if they dump mine, I keep theirs till mines fixed.

·
Registered
353 Posts
TheSollyLama said:
Simple. You break it, you buy it. Most people don't ride just because they fear doing damage.
Most of my closer friends are Harley guys. So they are somewhat intimidated by a crotch rocket. The guy with the stroked out (96 inches) HD is flatly scared of what'll happen on my 600R. I can't convince him that his HD is much harder to handle (big engine, nearly 1000 pounds of poorly balanced bike, crappy brakes, buckhorn bars) than my lithe little 600. Even if it is fast, it's MEANT to go fast and stop fast.
As for sport bikers I know. Most of them I ride with ride b*****, faster bikes and are far and away better sport riders than me. So letting them ride my bike is no problem, most just have no interest in it. "It's just a 600R" after all...........
OT...

How different are the 100 HP Harleys in comarison to a I4 600? Engine wise?

·
Go #214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,390 Posts
I let a select few of my friends ride my bike, and yesterday I let a friend wheelie it because we had a bet that he could not do a standup wheelie from 4th gear....well he could. Basically I have to see them ride before they are allowed to ride mine

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
i was ignorant enough to attempt to teach one of my buddies to ride on my SV, just days after i got it back together and in mint condition from one of my own wrecks. lost site of him, and when i got there, the bike was in a resevoir canal, and my buddy laying int he street. he evidently flipped it foreward hitting a 1 ft riser by a guardrail. needless to say my bike was pretty much done with. had to get the neigbors truck, chain, and about 6 people to get it out of the canal. since then, nobody rides. except my dad, who has been riding for 30 years now.

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
I've rideen my room-mate's bike a couple times, but never, NEVER without having enough cash on hand to fix it if I trashed it. And even then, just parking lot stuff.

I'd never want to risk breaking something that belongs to a friend without having the means to immediately replace it. If I break something of my own, it's my loss. If I break something that belongs to someone else, I'm not the only one that suffers.

·
Registered
503 Posts
When I had the '85 Honda Nighthawk 550 that I got free, I let all my friends ride. Of course, I made them wear all my gear, and they all had a blast. Never got laid down, but it was funny watching them try to ride it.

Now that I have the ZX11, nobody rides it. My Dad will ride it once in a while, I let a friend's Dad ride it because he has the money to fix it if he wrecks it. I'm just waiting for my Mom to ride it, she wants to really bad, she grew up on bikes, just like my Dad.

I still wish I had that little 550 so I could let my friends ride it around parking lots, that thing was a blast.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yeah, restating previous posts. If you break it, you buy it. That's pretty much the MO for people when they ride someone elses bike. I switch with my partner who rides an R6 and another guy who rides a VFR. Both of them can afford to buy a new one if they lay her down.

Nice quote Japbike!

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
The only friends I let ride my bike are the ones that I have ridden with and know that they can handle my bikes and/or replace them.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Only a select few ride my bike and they are all people who I've known for years and years who also have more than 2yrs rideing exp.

Break it you bought it still applies.

Wes

·
Registered
681 Posts
With my friends....it don't matter if you can afford to fix it.....whoever buys a new/used bike, he tosses the keys to each one of us. I have great friends, and we ALL can ride anything.

·
Registered
102 Posts
No Bros. OK one "Bro" can ride my bike if they want. Guy is an absolute lunatic. wheelies, burnouts general idiot....But when my last bike got stolen offered me his custom harley chopper as loaner for as long as needed till I had wheels....

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
i dont let anyone ride my bike for the simple fact i wont ride theres id rather spend the money on stuff for my bike than fix theres so i dont ride theres

1 - 20 of 32 Posts