Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah it looks good and I heard the first one is really good too. I was thinking about renting the first one before going to see this one. Is it really necessary?

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
^^^

Probably not 100% necessary. But I would really suggest you see it.

It's probably one of those things that you can pick up on what's going on, but will have more info about what Jason Bourne is by watching the first one.

I hadn't seen the first one until just about a week ago...and it's now on one of my "Top 50" slots. It was awesome. I really enjoyed the entire thing.

My local newspaper gave "Bourne Supremacy" an 8 out of 10. Roger Ebert gave it a 3 out of 4. I'm gonna see it as soon as I can, and buy the "Bourne Identity" as soon as I get 20 extra bucks.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I plan on seeing it sometime within the next week. If it's half as good as the first one I'll be happy.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Jake said:
I plan on seeing it sometime within the next week. If it's half as good as the first one I'll be happy.
I'm with stupid.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Holy crap, I couldn't stand this movie. Too predictable for me I guess. I tried to go to sleep on it several times, but my date kept waking me up. I gave it a whopper.

3.0 / 10.0

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
I saw it last night (7/24/04) and thought it was just as good as the first. It was kinda predictible sometimes and the one F.B.I. lady need to lossen her skirt a bit. Great movie all in all.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
I enjoyed the movie but I hated the directing. It's as if the director thought the "shaky camera" effect was just too damn cool and wanted to use it in almost every shot of the movie. The dumbass definitely overdid it. I hated the shaky camera effect. So much, that I'm going to intentionally avoid seeing any movies by that director.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
TheWraith said:
I enjoyed the movie but I hated the directing. It's as if the director thought the "shaky camera" effect was just too damn cool and wanted to use it in almost every shot of the movie. The dumbass definitely overdid it. I hated the shaky camera effect. So much, that I'm going to intentionally avoid seeing any movies by that director.
Agreed. Almost as bad as Gladiator with their 1 second shots of everything going on in a battle. :D

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
TheWraith said:

Yah, I agree. The movie was badass, but the handheld camera sequences could've been toned down a bit. I mean, shit, my Sony Handycam doesn't shake as bad as some of the cameras in a few sequences.

I understand the use for the handheld camera, but it was a bit over the top in this.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the movie.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Twinsen said:
I'm with stupid.
I'm just curious what's with this comment??

·
Registered
88 Posts
I went and seen it today. Thought it was just as good as the first one and worth the money to see. Also it had pretty good car chasing scenes in it too.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Jake said:
I'm just curious what's with this comment??
We don't have a smilie like this,
. So I typed it out.

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
TheWraith said:

+1

dunno who directed it, and doubt I'll avoid his films, but I too felt like I needed a dramamine

The sequal doesn't work with the alternate ending on the Bourne Identity DVD though

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
CasterTroy said:
+1

dunno who directed it, and doubt I'll avoid his films, but I too felt like I needed a dramamine

The sequal doesn't work with the alternate ending on the Bourne Identity DVD though

Alternate ending (although I haven't seen it) was more than likely geared at the idea of them NOT filming the rest of the series. I'm sure once the production company saw the finished product of "Identity" they went ahead and green lighted the other two films, so the alternate ending was probably not used because they knew the other 2 movies were gonna get made.

·
Pre-register sex offender
1,091 Posts
i just talked to a guy who watched it and he said he loved the shaking camera in the chase scenes....

i thought i was going to have a seizure or something, it was horrible

i thought the movie was good, would have been really good if they toned the shaking down a bit

·
Registered
584 Posts
camerawork was the worst I've ever seen. It looks like they were trying the Alfred Hitchcock approach (like he did in Psycho, where he did all the legwork with the camera)... but this camera man straight up sucked (or maybe he didn't get his moring coffee :dunno )

Originally my friend told me he didn't like it, because he went to see it on opening day... and he had to sit in the front row. His excuse was that it was hard to keep focused. Following his recommendation, I sat all the way in the back row and I still struggled concentrating on the picture from time to time (because of the stupid "shaky" camera effect)

Plot was very predictable and the end was plain STOOOOOPID. : "Hey little girl, check this s#it out: I killed your parents! How do you like them apples? :flipa " Then he just walks off :lame

The only thing I can give some props on, is the driving downtown Moscow. They filmed in some streets that would normally never be used for such a thing... And it was pretty cool how they drove by a block away from my old High School :alky Ahhh, memories :leghump

6 out of 10

·
Registered
912 Posts
It was ok at best. A rushed fallow up to a great first movie

1 - 20 of 24 Posts