Sport Bikes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in NY and ride in weather from the 90's to the 40's. I've decided on either the Honda racing mesh jacket or the cortech Gx Air 2 textile. The Cortech seems to have a better description than the Honda. Just wanted some thoughts and opinions.

·
John 18:33-37
4,016 Posts
Both of those jackets will be uncomfortable when the temps are in the 40's.

If you don't already have a leather jacket, consider a perforated leather with a zip out liner. For example - the Joe Rocket Sonic 2.0 or similar. It will serve you well.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
I don't think it's reasonable to expect one jacket to work well over a 50 degree temp range. Get one for spring/summer and one for fall/winter. I've also noticed that branded gear (Honda, Suzuki, etc.) seems to cost more for what you get compared to "plain".

Another option is to wear a good windbreaker over your perfed jacket. I wear one over my perfed leathers in the winter which is good to about 40 degrees.

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
My textile A*'s T-Stunt II is actually pretty warm, even with the liner out. Even warmer than my JR Speedmaster Jacket I used to have...

·
Cage intolerant
446 Posts
Sounds like you need either the Joe Rocket Alter Ego or the Tour Master Convertable. I've used both for trips from 110 degree AZ desert into 35 degree CO mountains and back. Completely satisfied with both.

Good luck.

·
Religous Historian
1,559 Posts
I own the cortech GX AIR and have worn in in 30-105 degree weather and its great. As far as protection goes, I got hit by a car and landed on the back of my shoulder/head and walked away without a bruise. The cortech is a GREAT jacket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts