Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
The worst attempted poll....ever?
Just kidding, that bike sure is hot. Someone a couple of streets away from me has a red one.

·
"Mindbottling isn't it?"
4,573 Posts
It needs a GSX-R sticker on it somewhere.. maybe then.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look again. Thats not stock;)

It needs a GSX-R sticker on it somewhere.. maybe then.
I do agree with you there. I do not like the triumph name when it comes to maintenance price.

If suzuki made a bike with an undertail I would have done it with a gsxr 750 instead.

·
Ride Twins!
1,957 Posts
I see a Triumph mated with a VFR and a Buell.

Kudos for the rear, puke on the front.

·
Registered
760 Posts
For some one that can push a bike to the limits, which isn't me, that single sided swing arm is not going to have the needed stiffness.

Jason

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
For some one that can push a bike to the limits, which isn't me, that single sided swing arm is not going to have the needed stiffness.

Jason
yeah, that explains why the 1098R's are getting their asses handed to them in WSBK

Let me answer that with another question

Are you using light grey/white?
yes I am.

here, i added noz and a terbah

Attachments

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
That front brake design is a bit out there, and Sport Rider tested in on the new 1125r and said the brakes did the job but did not offer much feedback and even a small pressure on the brakes had the bike standing up. I'm not a fan of the looks, so I'll take their word for it on the effectiveness.

I do like the rear section - that would look clean.

Not a fan of gold paint on any sportbike.

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
The front tire disk brake looks mighty hefty.

And the back tire really seems to pop out at me.

·
Registered
760 Posts
yeah, that explains why the 1098R's are getting their asses handed to them in WSBK

yes I am.

here, i added noz and a terbah
If you want to drop bike models…why is it that the Desmo swing arm is conventional or how about all of the MotoGP field. Success or not, single sided swing arms make poor engineering sense. They are heavier and less stiff. They are 100% driven by style and therefore 100% crap in my eyes like so many other thing style fucks up on a bike!

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
They are 100% driven by style and therefore 100% crap in my eyes like some many other thing style fucks up on a bike!
Like underseat exhaust. I'm glad bikes are starting to come away from that cursed fad.

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
Yeah yeah yeah i know, i was just giving you shit. but honestly 99.99% of riders would never know the difference.

single sided swing arms do make maintenance easier though. you can remove the sprocket without touching the wheel, you can remove the wheel without touching the chain. also, assuming everything is in good shape, the wheel is always properly aligned. so for a track bike where you are changing tires more frequently, that could be a benefit.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Like underseat exhaust. I'm glad bikes are starting to come away from that cursed fad.
The underseat exhaust was designed by an engineer that doesn't ride in stop/go city traffic in HOT weather. As if the freakin engine does get you hot enough alone, much less being fried from behind by the pipe, too.

If tires can take it, why not dump the exhaust down low in front of the rear? ha! Instant heated tire, but what to do about the front?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts