Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am in AZ visiting my mum and popz for Christmas and I have heard like 4 or 5 songs but Tool. I have never heard these guys before and I seem to recall us talking about them. So at Target I see a CD so I pick it up. Turns out its a DVD of the song Vicarious :bitchslap.

Looks like f-n iTunes doesn't carry it either. Does anyone know where i can download the CD 10,000 Days legally (I want to pay for it)? Thanks everyone.....

·
Registered
766 Posts
Seriously? Tool is awesome. They defiantely are on iTunes (at least they better be, they ARE the 3rd most requested band of 2008 on 98rock in sacramento).

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, if they are, I can't find the link. I have never heard these guys before. Amazing....

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I don't think they are on Itunes and theyre not on Napster. Go to ebay or amazon and you should be able to pick up the cd. Best buy sells their cds also. If I'm not mistaken, you should be able to find their albums at circuit city.

FYI: Tool is the shit. Pick up their other cd's too. All their albums are amazing in their own way

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
ummm I guarantee you have heard some tool songs before. Prob just didnt know who you were listening too. They've been out a while so I bet if you go to a used cd shop you wont have any problem picking up most of their stuff.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Tool is beyond awesome. I can't believe you've never heard any of their songs before. Make sure to pick up all their albums, especially Lateralus and Aenima

·
center of an asian pop
3,480 Posts
really? i love tool! I know Wal-Mart sells their CD's! :)

edit: hey zoro! Merry Christmas! :D

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Tool is not on iTunes but A Perfect Circle is. It's pretty much the same stuff as Maynard James Keenan is responsible for both projects. Google his name and you can find some more stuff he worked on. I'm drawing a blank in regards to the names of his other stuff.

My sig is a Tool lyric from the song Stinkfist by the way.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tool is beyond awesome. I can't believe you've never heard any of their songs before. Make sure to pick up all their albums, especially Lateralus and Aenima
I think Steveo is probably right. Heard em just didnt know who it was. Has anyone used Shazam on their iPhone? Its awesome. So now when I hear a song I like, we Shazam it and find out who it is. That's why I am dialed into them now....

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
really? i love tool! I know Wal-Mart sells their CD's! :)

edit: hey zoro! Merry Christmas! :D
Thanks MSSDRIDER. Merry Christmas to you too. You done with Law School yet? Hope all is well in Sunny calif... too bad you state is out of money.. :neener

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok - there is a cool Sportbike Crash video Ive watched a lot of and just found out it was tool. Its a song called Parabola.

YouTube - Sportbike Crashes

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just got back from Wally Mart - no nice. :(

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
98% of tool songs = play on words and perspective revolving around "ego death" experience. not many people seem to get that though. but its okay they're great in many ways obviously. taking that into consideration, the album lateralus lyrically is IMO thee most intellectually brilliant album ive ever heard of.
its like listening to lennon post beatles, you can get the meaning in a shallow relative sense and its still great, but most of those songs are way more profound than most people get....esotericism and all

p.s. you're either very young or been living under a rock because tool has been huge for almost 20 years. at least since the mid 90's.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Tool sucks.
lol just cause you don't like them doesn't mean they suck. Its ok if you're too much of a mangina to know and appreciate what good rock music is. Maybe you like the backstreet boys or "hipity hopity pimp yo mutuh fukus" rap group or whatever the current pop fad is that will only last the next month. I don't go and say they suck. Either way, run along now, go get ready for the next season of American Idol... :dblthumb

·
Registered
750 Posts
Tool is definitely not "pretty much the same" as a Perfect Circle (which is now defunct) . And the other side project he is currently working on is called Puscifer. The album name is V is for Vagina. (There is now a remix album out as well). I echo ped's statements for the most part as well!

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
1,308 Posts
my favorite band. have seen them live 4 times. :D

u cannot go wrong with TOOL EVER,

if u like tool, check out APC and isis.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts