Sport Bikes banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
It was a great race with an unlikely winner. Also for a sec there I thought JLo had rediscovered himself but half a lap later that turned out to not be the case. He pinned the blame on himself and his inability to ride the bike in the way it needs to be ridden in order to go fast.

·
Are we not men?
9,009 Posts
That Moto3 race was fucking insane! Up to 5 laps from the end and the top 22 were covered by 1.65 seconds!! Almost constant passing and nobody got taken out. WOW!

Congrats to Dovi, one hell of a ride. I was truly surprised by Lorenzo's opening couple of laps, and then he came back down to earth.

How 'bout Bautista! I was just waiting for him to crash and take someone with him. And then he didn't!

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
That Moto3 race was fucking insane! Up to 5 laps from the end and the top 22 were covered by 1.65 seconds!! Almost constant passing and nobody got taken out. WOW!

Congrats to Dovi, one hell of a ride. I was truly surprised by Lorenzo's opening couple of laps, and then he came back down to earth.

How 'bout Bautista! I was just waiting for him to crash and take someone with him. And then he didn't!
I liked the announcer " Going into the last lap we're 10 wide!"

I was hoping Petrucci would win it in GP

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Announced yesterday. It's official! Triumph to moto2 with 765cc Engines!

MOTO2 | Triumph Motorcycles
(The link also has a youtube video of the sound clip).

Another article with power numbers. Supposedly 133hp/59tq in the FIRST year.

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/motogp/triumph-moto2-engine-2019/

Triumph said:
The race specification Triumph 765cc Moto2™ engine, based on the powerplant that fuels the 2017 Triumph Street Triple RS, has been developed further to allow the engine to breathe more freely and rev harder than the production bike; increasing overall performance. Other changes have been made specifically to adapt the engine for race use, including these modifications:

Modified cylinder head with revised inlet and exhaust ports for optimised gas flow
Titanium valves and stiffer valve springs for increased rpm
Low output race kit alternator for reduced inertia
Taller 1st gear ratio
Tuneable race developed slipper clutch
Specific race ECU; which will be developed with Magneti Marelli
Revised engine covers for reduced width
Different sump to allow for improved header run

The new Moto2™ engine is a significant development of the race-winning Daytona 675R engine that has powered supersports wins at the Isle of Man TT, Daytona 200 and British Supersports Championships in 2014 and 2015.

·
Are we not men?
9,009 Posts
Tech3 didn't do so bad.

·
Are we not men?
9,009 Posts
The Suzuki doesn't ride like a Ducati. Sounds like he's giving up. Sounds like Suzuki isn't going to put up with it much longer. Who do you think they might try to get as a replacement?

What the hell has gotten into Bautista? He's actually finishing respectably and hardly crashing.

·
Are we not men?
9,009 Posts
Good for Cal, he works his ass off. (and he tells it as it is)

41 - 60 of 81 Posts