·
Are we not men?
9,009 Posts
Bring it!

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, folks. I have been back in school working on my doctorate. I haven't been able to devote as much time as I would like to these threads.

·
Are we not men?
9,009 Posts
Holy crash-fest batman!

·
Are we not men?
9,009 Posts
Wonder what JLo thinks about Ducati now...
Immediately after the crash he said it was Iannone's fault. Reading the one article, it seems he's changed his tune with some time to reflect.

Something tells me he's going to have a long season...

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
In the press conference he said he started off the season (testing) on the wrong foot because he wanted to lower the bike to make it more Yamaha-like. It turns out this was a mistake because after they switched the bike back to its normal height and he started adapting his riding style he felt a big improvement that he wasn't able to display cos of his crash. We will see how big of an improvement it turns out to be.

On an unrelated note, I love how when Iannone is involved in your crash his first reaction is to blame it on Iannone :))) To be fair, it's quite unusual for Iannone not to deserve any blame :)

:edit

I just saw Max already posted an article about the bike height - I'm late to the party as usual.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
Also, who here thinks Jorge won't win a single race this year? Better yet, will he even podium? After all, the GP field is sooooo deep, and Maverick is clearly the guy to beat this year.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Also, who here thinks Jorge won't win a single race this year? Better yet, will he even podium? After all, the GP field is sooooo deep, and Maverick is clearly the guy to beat this year.
The season certainly looks to go down that way but I'll refrain from making any predictions - we all remember what jk750 and Ballmead predicted about Rossi and we all saw how that turned out :)

·
Are we not men?
9,009 Posts
I think the REAL question is...Wonder what Ducati thinks about JLo now! lol
If Ducati is upset, they only have themselves to blame. They knew their bike is a point & shoot bike and that Lorenzo is a smooth line/corner speed rider who is much less able to ride around problems than Rossi (or any of their other riders for that matter).

It would be great if I were proven wrong but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If Ducati is upset, they only have themselves to blame. They knew their bike is a point & shoot bike and that Lorenzo is a smooth line/corner speed rider who is much less able to ride around problems than Rossi (or any of their other riders for that matter).
That is what boggled my mind about the whole switch. JLo has a ton of talent. The problem is that it focused around a certain style. The Ducati obviously doesn't fit his style. I never understood why either side thought the switch would be a good idea.

·
Are we not men?
9,009 Posts
The only thing I can think of is with the success Chad Davies is having in WSBK, maybe Ducati was wanting to try to get someone with a smoother style and make the GP bike work. Seems pretty wishful, especially since riders have complained for years that they have no feel with the front. There's no way to get that fast, flowing, smoothness if you can't feel the front.

It would be nice to see them make some headway but they just seem to be pissing up a rope.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
JLo said he found something in WUP or FP4 and then crashed before he had a chance to show off his improved performance. Let's wait and see - maybe he'll shut us all up in Texas. Unlikely but you never know :)

1 - 20 of 81 Posts