1 - 20 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I posted this at the end of the other thread, I didn't realize there was a new one:

I saw this photo on the cover of motogp.com and noticed something interesting. Look at all these MotoGP/250 veterans and their form, pretty standard stuff. Then look at the Moto2 guys Marquez and Bradl, they're both hanging off the bike way more with their heads held a lot lower dragging their elbows. Moto2 is definitely creating a different kind of rider. Crutchlow is also using a completely different style from anyone else.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I posted this at the end of the other thread, I didn't realize there was a new one:

I saw this photo on the cover of motogp.com and noticed something interesting. Look at all these MotoGP/250 veterans and their form, pretty standard stuff. Then look at the Moto2 guys Marquez and Bradl, they're both hanging off the bike way more with their heads held a lot lower dragging their elbows. Moto2 is definitely creating a different kind of rider. Crutchlow is also using a completely different style from anyone else.

Amazing photography! There may be a different style of riding, much more risky and pushing of the limits. Begs the question, is it good enough and will it outlast experience?

I am rooting for Rossi, but i don't see him going all the way this year. His comfort with his bike is no where close to how JLo is with his bike, although next year i see Rossi coming on top. Doesn't mean i see him doing bad this year either as i see him making podium finishes for sure.

I also have a feeling Marquez is going to blow everyone away the first few races and then stumble midway through.

And Pedrosa, he is thirsty this year and like everyone has said he knows this is the time to do it with Casey Stoner gone (physically, not his attitude or stench). The pressure is on JLo to defend the title if he can handle it. I also don't buy the mutual terms between Rossi and JLo, i think that is for publicity.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Mulletman's season predictions:

- Dani starts fast, and stays fast. This year is his first championship.
- Marquez gets his first victory in Texas, and then DNF's himself at least 5 times this year.
- Rossi wins 2 races.
- Lorenzo finishes second in the points, with a close margin to Pedro.
- Cal talks more shit than everyone else combined.
- Spies never wins another race. This year or otherwise.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I feel that Rossi will win a bit more than 2 and the points will be very close in the top 4.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think underestimating The Doctor is a mistake. He is hungry and on a good bike this year.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Mulletman's season predictions:

- Dani starts fast, and stays fast. This year is his first championship.
- Marquez gets his first victory in Texas, and then DNF's himself at least 5 times this year.
- Rossi wins 2 races.
- Lorenzo finishes second in the points, with a close margin to Pedro.
- Cal talks more shit than everyone else combined.
- Spies never wins another race. This year or otherwise.
I agree and disagree with some of these.
- I agree that he will start fast, and should finish in the top 3, but I would put my money on Lorenzo winning again this year. Top 3 I feel will be Lorenzo, Pedrosa, and either Rossi/Marquez, depending on how Marquez does under the pressure of the Grand Prix
- I don't see Marquez winning Texas, but that may just be because I don't want him to win. Personally, I'd love to see Ben or Colin win it, but that just isn't very realistic. I can see Marquez pulling out a win, but also suspect he will do well at Qatar and let it go to his head before crashing out at Texas.
-I'll give Rossi 3 :p
-Other way around. Lorenzo will win with Pedro in a close second. Rossi or Marquez in 3rd. I think when Marquez doesn't crash out, he will consistently place top 5
-True story
-I disagree. I think Ben is very underrated in the Grand Prix. Sure it is the elite class, but he dominated AMA and WSBK, there's no reason he shouldn't be more consistently in the top 7. I think he will struggle on the Ducati, but I bet he does better than he did last year and picks up a factory ride within the next 2 years again. I don't see him winning a race this year, but if he can get a better ride, and get some confidence back I see him winning a championship within the next 4-5 years.

I think underestimating The Doctor is a mistake. He is hungry and on a good bike this year.
True, but I doubt he will win the championship this year. Maybe next year, before retiring.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
True, but I doubt he will win the championship this year. Maybe next year, before retiring.
I think Rossi will surprise a lot of folks. A championship for him is doable, but a tall order. I believe, barring a catastrophe, he will be top 3 for sure. People get hung up on the practice/testing times. That really has not been his strength. He is a racer and always does better during the race than during the practices. The fact that he is hungry and has something to prove will be a large motivating factor for him. He is also having fun again. That will take the heavy weight of the last two years off of his shoulders.

People are also hung up on his age. I think that his age is largely irrelevant at 34. His skills and experience more than make up for any small deficits of his age.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
I think Rossi will surprise a lot of folks. A championship for him is doable, but a tall order. I believe, barring a catastrophe, he will be top 3 for sure. People get hung up on the practice/testing times. That really has not been his strength. He is a racer and always does better during the race than during the practices. The fact that he is hungry and has something to prove will be a large motivating factor for him. He is also having fun again. That will take the heavy weight of the last two years off of his shoulders.

People are also hung up on his age. I think that his age is largely irrelevant at 34. His skills and experience more than make up for any small deficits of his age.
Oh I don't disagree, I just doubt this is his year for a championship. Sure, there are a lot of hang ups for him, but top 3 is definitely doable. I think his biggest threat is going to be Marquez. If Marquez finds his rhythm in the Grand Prix I can see him threatening and posing a real challenge to Rossi ever winning another championship

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
MM is impressive... But I think he might struggle more than people think. He essentially has to re-learn most of the tracks during free practice.

I also don't think Jlo has a strong chance of defending his title. He's shown in the past that he cracks when someone tries to race him. Pedro handed him his ass during the end of last season.

1 - 20 of 563 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.