Sport Bikes banner

81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
man each time i visit this thread it still shocks me.

i bought a pair of teknic boots from kev back in 2006 and chatted with him about our jobs (i am in IT as well) and immediately i was blown away by how intelligent kevin was. he was crazy intelligent, almost abnormal. i disagreed with kevin on a few things but i always respected his opinion because it was straight forward, well thought out, and well presented.

it's a shame someone like kevin was taken so soon ... we all could take a page out of his book and become better people, and riders too.

godspeed bro.

Reading this really makes me happy. I'm happy to know yet another person is out there that "Got" Kevin.

You'd be happy to know - he would not have wanted you to agree with him. He wanted you to disagree with some facets of nearly anything he said. He would sometimes take an opposing view just to get an intelligent argument started.

He taught me how to look at two sides of a coin, as well as it's edge.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have read this thread again and again. I have searched for the proper words to type here. There are few on here I would like to meet but this man was one of them. I had assumed he would still be here for years doling out advice but that was not to be. I was truly saddened to read this and I wish his friends and family the best.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Sorry to read these posts. This is very sad. RIP KeS

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
I lost my sister this summer from ALS, though in her case the disorder played out until its ultimate irrevocable and fairly horrific conclusion. The day before she passed away she could move two fingers and nothing more. Didn't loose any marbles, though, at least not that anyone could tell.

Crazy disease, absolutely crazy. No gene, no substance, no lifestyle, no correlation with anything. It just kills people every so often.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm rather late here but I have been absent from the forum. I will never forget the input I have seen given by Kevin that had helped me and many others. I will also never forget Kevin quickly cutting down those trying to pass off their ignorance - rather amusing to be honest.

I can't believe the thread I began reading about his last ride turned into something as tragic as this. Kind of a crazy turn of events in one thread if you weren't aware of his condition.

Godspeed KeS

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Man.....at a loss of words.

Kevin was a stand up guy on this forum, always offering his advice, always willing to help.

I know all too well about ALS as my step-dad passed away from it. It's a horrible disease and anyone who tells you it's not a "pain" disease is full of it.

I'm glad he was able to take that one last ride...

RIP Brotha

·
Registered
206 Posts
Kevin's memorial wake will be in a few weeks. In addition to bikes and car racing Kevin really enjoyed sailing, so we are planning to paddle out a ways and pour some of his ashes into the sea, along with one last Diet Coke, his beverage of choice.

The rest of his ashes are to be divided up amongst his friends. I plan to keep some in a small container on my bike at all times. RGBeard's wife is going to have some made into diamonds she can wear as jewelry. I guess it's fair to say he will keep riding with us, one way or another.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Kevin had badgered me for years to do a track day with him at Laguna Seca. Well, it finally happened.

Look at the orange anodized aluminum capsule by my brake master cylinder. It contains a bit of his ashes.

He must have enjoyed it, because I didn't hear him complain once.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
One of the coolest things I have ever seen.

81 - 100 of 114 Posts