Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I did the stupid thing, I had to get to work early today and I had to leave out my house by 5:30 am. Being that I didn't really get any sleep last night. I was still a kind of tired. So, I get to work park my bike in the parking lot in front of my building. Go about my day and BAMMM!!! at 11:30, I realized I left my key in the ignition. I went down stairs and made it to my bike and I didn't only leave the key in the ignition I left the bike running.

Their is alot of loud construction going on, and I couldn't hear my bike.

But I glad to see she was still there and I get to ride her again.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Now that is a true Brain Fart. Lucky you still have that bike.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Wow! left the bike running! Now you must have really been tired

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not only did you leave the key in it, but you also left it running?? :bitchslap

The key thing I can understand because god only knows how many times I've done that very same thing myself. I just don't understand how you could have possibly left it running as well? :confused:

You must have rolled up in neutral, otherwise the bike would have killed itself when you put the kickstand down. If you did leave the bike in neutral then you were asking for it anyway. :bitchslap :bitchslap

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
i always accidently leave my key in the ignition/trunk lock. since i always do that i now always put my disc lock on no matter where i go.

·
Bring It!
935 Posts
All I can say is :bitchslap :bitchslap :bitchslap :eek:nfloor

When I first started reading your post I was thinking, "So what, I've left my keys in it before." But then when I got to the leaving the thinging running, my ass hit the floor!! I think my greatest fear with that old of a bike is that it would over heat. That can't be good on it. Does it have a temp gauge?? If so how hot was it??

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I was lucky and maybe because it is a 88 zx750,

Yes, it was in neutral this morning, when I arrived at my job, I wanted to sit and relax an have a cig for a minute. So I took off my gloves and helmet an lit a cig. When finish I just got off and went to work.

Went to bed at 11 + no sleep (kids was sick) + out the bed at 4 + out the house at 5:30 + arrived at the job at 7 = left key in ignition w/bike running

But, all and all I'm glad to still have my 88 ZX750

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
You are just like my Dad. One day he went to Kmart and came out carrying several cans of paint. Sat down in the car, started it, stopped for a second then shut it off. Grabbed the paint and went back into Kmart because he forgot to pay for it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My bike is a water and air cool, it was at normal temp. The fan was running when I got to the bike. It was idling for 5+ hrs. Got to my desk at 7:10 didn't relized what I did until 11:30

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
I once left my key in my old tiller in downtown philly for about 5 hours. I remember the sheer terror as I realized it. Then the tremendous amount of relief when I saw my bike was still there!

·
Bring It!
935 Posts
I acutally did do this once but it wasn't with my bike. I was 16 and it was my first time out driving with my friends. We all got out and started to head into a store and my friend asked me if I planned on shutting the car off?!?! :lao

1 - 16 of 16 Posts