Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the positives and negatives of these two. Which is worth the buy. Right now, I just have a mesh Joe Rocket for commuting around town. Live in AZ, so the heat is rather horrible during winter. But winter is different. Looking at the Alpine Stars, but don't know what way to lean with them. Like their compressed mesh jackets, but don't know EXACTLY the difference between the compress and "regular" mesh, unless its just a nicer way to put mesh. I want to have two different jackets for different seasons, because yes, it can feel cold to me in Arizona in the winter. So if you could just give some replies on the differences, positives and negatives that would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Basically, with textile the advantages are cost and ventilation, while with leather, the advantage is superior protection.

In addition, with textile, you can wear it in the rain, while most leather jackets will get ruined.

Personally, I own three jackets... a mesh one for when it gets really hot and humid out, a textile one when it is cool out (60-70F) and a 3/4 length textile one when it is cold out (50F or less).

I am looking to eventually replace my textile jacket with a leather jacket. A couple brands that I'm looking into are Alpinestars and Fieldsheer.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sjlee said:
Basically, with textile the advantages are cost and ventilation, while with leather, the advantage is superior protection.

In addition, with textile, you can wear it in the rain, while most leather jackets will get ruined.

Personally, I own three jackets... a mesh one for when it gets really hot and humid out, a textile one when it is cool out (60-70F) and a 3/4 length textile one when it is cold out (50F or less).

I am looking to eventually replace my textile jacket with a leather jacket. A couple brands that I'm looking into are Alpinestars and Fieldsheer.
Alright, thanks a lot. I'll be looking at a textile then, just for the fact that I think it would be best with the weather out here in the winter. But eventually pick up a leather. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
If you want the protection of leather, there are plenty of jackets with a removable inner liner that will get you through Arizona winters. Textile isn't warmer or anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts