Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone recommend some textile pants with good protection that aren't black? Something with a removable liner for colder weather would be great. A* Cargos, Fieldsheer Four-Season, or Fieldsheer Mercury maybe? I'd like more than just foam for the hips, but I don't know that I can be picky.

·
51 times World Champions
3,861 Posts
Can someone recommend some textile pants with good protection that aren't black? Something with a removable liner for colder weather would be great. A* Cargos, Fieldsheer Four-Season, or Fieldsheer Mercury maybe? I'd like more than just foam for the hips, but I don't know that I can be picky.
REV'IT! offers a number of options. To start, there's the Dakar (Grey/White/Black), Fuse (Dark Titanium) and Cayenne Pro (Dark Green/Grey)models, all of which are pictured below. :cheers

Attachments

·
51 times World Champions
3,861 Posts
For something with just a bit of color, REV'IT! offers the Raptor (Black/Red, Black/Blue & Black/Anthracite) model, pictured below. You can check out their full line at REV'IT! Sport USA. :beer

Attachments

·
51 times World Champions
3,861 Posts
Those revit! dakar pants are sweet, but pricey!
Yeah, quality doesn't come cheap, especially when it comes to motorcycle gear. By all accounts, their products are worth the price. Head over to webBikeWorld and see what they've got to say about REV'IT! gear. All I can say is that the items I've seen have been some of the best constructed pieces of apparel I've laid eyes on. In fact, I'm planning on taking a day to go see about a set of my own.

Just what I need, more gear...:eek:nfloor

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just ordered up a pair of the Dakars, I hope they fit! The sizing charts were greatly varied. Thanks for the help.

·
51 times World Champions
3,861 Posts
Just ordered up a pair of the Dakars, I hope they fit! The sizing charts were greatly varied. Thanks for the help.
I look forward to hearing what you think of them, and how well the transaction goes.

Cheers

·
Dental Rider
381 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I look forward to hearing what you think of them, and how well the transaction goes...
Got my Dakars yesterday, record time considering that I just ordered them on Monday 9/29. I've only tried them on, once with and once without liners, so here's my initial impression. For reference, I'm about 5'9", 160lbs, athletic build. I usually wear a 32-33" waist, and tend to be too tall for a short length and too short for standard. My Dakars are Medium standard length. If i gained 5 pounds, I think I'd need a Large, but the fit of the Mediums is snug but not uncomfortable. The waist will tighten with velcro adjusters, but has no elastic to allow for a looser fit.

These are some beautifully constructed and well thought-out pants. Nice padding in the hips, and CE armor in the knees. I have the same issue that the reviewer on webbikeworld had, in that the armor was too low and appears non-adjustable. I think in the riding position the armor will be just right, but in a get-off, I'm afraid they wouldn't be where I'd need them.

I like the pants enough that I think I'll just get a pair of knee guards that I can wear separately, and that will give me some protection if I wear jeans as well. Another solution would be to swap these for a short length, but I think I like the extra length of the standards - I'd rather have them a little long than a little short. If I were to do it again, I might get a Large in short length, it would be an interesting comparison at least.

With both liners installed, they are a very snug fit, which concerned me a bit at first. But I bet they'd be plenty warm in cold weather. With both liners removed, they fit like a standard cut jean, which is about perfect. Room to move without feeling baggy. I'll do a more extensive review once I get to take them on a few rides.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts