Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go to the bottom of the page and click the link.

Howstuffworks "People Channel"
http://people.howstuffworks.com/

Congratulations, Michael!
Your IQ score is 117

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Inventive Inquisitor. You have the unusual distinction of being equally good at math and verbal skills. This means you are a creative thinker and are uniquely good at teaching others through experiences. You are also a great improviser and very good at handling change.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Never mind

The freaken page keeps changeing and the link won't work.

If you click on people stuff at the top it may come up on the bottom of the page.

Or do a search from that page and it will bring up a list of different test.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Link just worked for me...i did the test, just waiting for the results to be emailed to me.

·
Banned
730 Posts
Took it late last night and got a 136, after a rather large spliff, mind you. :urowned

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vuu16v said:
Took it late last night and got a 136, after a rather large spliff, mind you. :urowned

Dang dude,according to this(a link from that site),you a smart mofo.

The term IQ, or Intelligence Quotient, generally describes a score on a test that rates the subject's cognitive ability as compared to the general population. IQ tests use a standardized scale with 100 as the median score. On most tests, a score between 90 and 110, or the median plus or minus 10, indicates average intelligence. A score above 130 indicates exceptional intelligence and a score below 70 may indicate mental retardation. Like their predecessors, modern tests do take in to account the age of a child when determining an IQ score. Children are graded relative to the population at their developmental level.

What is this cognitive ability being measured? Simply put, IQ tests are designed to measure your general ability to solve problems and understand concepts. This includes reasoning ability, problem-solving ability, ability to perceive relationships between things and ability to store and retrieve information. IQ tests measure this general intellectual ability in a number of different ways. They may test:

* spatial ability: the ability to visualize manipulation of shapes
* mathematical ability: the ability to solve problems and use logic
* language ability: This could include the ability to complete sentences or recognize words when letters have been rearranged or removed.
* memory ability: the ability to recall things presented either visually or aurally

Questions in each of these categories test for a specific cognitive ability, but many psychologists hold that they also indicate general intellectual ability. Most people perform better on one type of question than on others, but experts have determined that for the most part people who excel in one category do similarly well in the other categories, and if someone does poorly in any one category, he also does poorly in the others. Based on this, these experts theorize there is one general element of intellectual ability that determines other specific cognitive abilities. Ideally, an IQ test measures this general factor of intelligence, abbreviated as g. The best tests, therefore, feature questions from many categories of intellectual ability so that the test isn't weighted toward one specific skill.

Because IQ tests measure your ability to understand ideas and not the quantity of your knowledge, learning new information does not automatically increase your IQ. Learning may exercise your mind, however, which could help you to develop greater cognitive skills, but scientists do not fully understand this relationship. The connection between learning and mental ability is still largely unknown, as are the workings of the brain and the nature of intellectual ability. Intellectual ability does seem to depend more on genetic factors than on environmental factors, but most experts agree that environment plays some significant role in its development.

But can you increase your IQ score? There is some evidence that children develop higher intellectual ability if they receive better nurturing and diet as babies, and a higher degree of intellectual stimulation in preschool tends to boost children's IQ scores for a few years of elementary school but does not permanently increase IQ scores. For the most part, adult IQ scores don't significantly increase over time. There is evidence that maintaining an intellectually stimulating atmosphere (by learning new skills or solving puzzles, for example) boosts some cognitive ability, similar to the way maintaining an exercise regimen boosts physical ability, but these changes aren't permanent and do not have much effect on IQ scores.

So your IQ score is relatively stable, no matter what education you acquire. This does not mean that you can't increase your intelligence. IQ tests are only one imperfect method of measuring certain aspects of intellectual ability. A lot of critics point out that IQ tests don't measure creativity, social skills, wisdom, acquired abilities or a host of other things we consider to be aspects of intelligence. The value of IQ tests is that they measure general cognitive ability, which has been proven to be a fairly accurate indicator of intellectual potential. There is a high positive correlation between IQ and success in school and the work place, but there are many, many cases where IQ and success do not coincide

·
Banned
730 Posts
alaska cajun said:
Dang dude,according to this(a link from that site),you a smart mofo.
I took a real IQ test once, the kind that take about 6 hrs. and came up w/ roughly the same score (133, IIRC). I was told, by someone conducting part of the test, that these tests are good indicators of how "teachable" a person is. Not necessarilly how smart someone is, but how smart they have potential to become through learning.

But, just as the last sentence stated, IQ isn't always an indicator of success. I know two multi-multi-millionaires in my family alone I can run intellectual circles around, but that doesn't afford me their lifestyle, now does it? :urowned In other words, it's just a number that can or cannot mean something.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Your IQ score is 140

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Yea, my IQ must be a 0 because I took the test but never got my score :lao

·
SBN's bad luck charm
1,106 Posts
135. Man, for a greasemonkey that's pretty decent, I guess...Yale, here I come!!

"Exceptional math skills"? It took me 6 months to learn to do long division, no shit. :eek:nfloor

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
127 with the kid tlaking loud and crying. But probably pretty much right on.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rascus said:
Yea, my IQ must be a 0 because I took the test but never got my score :lao

:lao :lao

·
Registered
910 Posts

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
Congratulations, Thomas!
Your IQ score is 69

Your Intellectual Type is Horndog. This means you are cunning linguist and can give as good as you get. Your exceptional oral skills make you very adept at tounge lashing others — with predictable results. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

·
Registered
910 Posts
tmkreutzer said:
Congratulations, Thomas!
Your IQ score is 69

Your Intellectual Type is Horndog. This means you are cunning linguist and can give as good as you get. Your exceptional oral skills make you very adept at tounge lashing others — with predictable results. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.
LOL :lao

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
Congratulations, Reini!
Your IQ score is 138

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

:cheers

1 - 20 of 36 Posts