Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a hot Friday afternoon in the Texas Hill Country, on RT 1431 in Lago Vista. I answered a Craigslist for sale ad out of curiosity and before I knew it, I was straddled on a '01 Hayabusa with 12K miles on it.

That bike is not for mortal men. Yes, its power was intoxicating. Yes, I had a perma-grin the whole 15 minutes I was on there. Yes, it gets looks from everyone an immediate respect.

But is was not the FZ6. When I got back on my bike, I appreciated the facts:

1) the FZ6 makes you appreciate its power when its unlocked. The Busa has power everywhere; where's the challenge?
2) the FZ6 is comfortable, even with the stock seat. Much better communter with its commanding view of the highway.
3) most 'Busa riders I know are a little nuts. They may be nice people, just a screw or two loose. I mean, why the heck do they TURBO and NOS their bikes?!!

Sometimes its good to test other bikes. After a while, you get to like some of the FZ6's 'charms', including its notchy gearbox. The bike just has character. The 'busa owner rode my bike during the test and couldnt really get the gear box. However, he repeated several times: 'pretty bike'

Have fun and stay safe!

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
I saw a video of a turboed 'busa. The guy could barely keep the front end down! It needed a longer swingarm or something.

You've got balls...trusting a stranger with your bike. Granted you were riding his, but his was for sale. It's expected.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
04Fizzer said:
I saw a video of a turboed 'busa. The guy could barely keep the front end down! It needed a longer swingarm or something.

You've got balls...trusting a stranger with your bike. Granted you were riding his, but his was for sale. It's expected.
We're friendly like that in Texas. :) Besides, the guy was pretty mature, not some squidly kid.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
a guy at my local suzuki shop has a busa on crome wheels and NOS tank right on top of the exhaust pipe

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Can I put NOS on my FZ6?

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
That thing looks like fun until you have to make a right turn.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
Um, whats the friggin point if the rear wheel isnt powered? Wouldnt that give him LESS traction? Also, I'm positive you cant turn it, and where does the third person sit exactly?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts