Sport Bikes banner

101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Reggie used to race an FZR1000 at Summit Point raceway with WERA back in the early 90's (I've been racing since 89). I don't remember him racing an OW-01 but that doesn't mean he didn't have one in his garage.
All three (RG500,RC30,OW-01) of mine are Canadian models -bought separately from different people as well. They never sold the RG500 or the OW-01 in the United States.
Racers had to do dealer trades with Canadian's to acquire them and they were expensive at almost twice the price of an RC30. MY RC30 is serial#23 and has about 7kms on it now. My OW-01 has about 2km on it. The US model RC30s are the only ones with RC30 on the tail. Rest of the world has the VFR750R sticker.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My OW-01 has about 2km on it. The US model RC30s are the only ones with RC30 on the tail. Rest of the world has the VFR750R sticker.
Yep, I knew the about the RC30 tail stickers - that is the first thing I noticed. I think the tank wing decals are a little different. The light blue body color looks like a different color on some of them as well. I know some of the the very early production bikes had tiny headlights compared to the later models. Mine has 47K miles. (I have always wondered if it was the record.)

·
Registered
55 Posts
http://www.sportbikes.net/photos/showphoto.php?photo=10795&cat=500&ppuser=117895 Here is a pic of the OW-01.

I am having trouble linking back to my member gallery images. Anyone know the trick to drop the actual pic in here as opposed to manually linking it. The insert image icon and the link icon both give a blank photo when I try to link back to photos I have already uploaded to this site. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I put as full termignoni on mine as well as factory jet kit which really opened it up. Penske Rear shock upgrade as the oem shock is not ride height adjustable to allow the use of a 17" rear from an RC45 and keep the correct geometry. I have a 3.5"front rim as well. (the stock one is a 3" and cups tires prematurely)Of course I keep all my stock stuff in boxes. Check out my u tube video at Road Atlanta during the Walter Mitty weekend in 2012. GOPR00571.mp4 - YouTube
The sound from the Go Pro camera is awful and does not do the RC justice. Keep in mind I am on 10 year old sport touring compound tires as well so I took it easy in the turns. The stock gearing was too short for Road A.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Make: Honda
Model: CBR 600F2
Year: 1992
CCs:600
Bike category: SuperSport
Use: Street use.
Mileage: 28,451
It was passed down to me from my brother, the bike has a few scratches on it but the mechanical parts are still in great shape.

Let me know what you think of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Model: CBR 600F2
Year: 1992
Mileage: 28,451
It was passed down to me from my brother, the bike has a few scratches on it but the mechanical parts are still in great shape.

Let me know what you think of it.
My wife put about 50K miles on one of those. It was awesome - neutral handling and all day comfortable. This pic was taken around 94 or 95 - made me realize how old this bike is! That pic was toward the end of a very long day.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well mine is getting a valve adjustment, new tire, and new RK gold plated chain and sprocket kit on it this year. The chain and sprockets are guaranteed to last 20k. I hope I can get about 60-70k on it. My brother's, father put about 100k on one of his bikes.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Make:Yamahahaha!
Model:FZ6
Year:2005
Engine configuration:sweet
Bike category: Jack of all trades
Use: riding (moto_therapy)
Modifications: Dual headlight mod, 2 brothers M4 CF, Mini lights on the fender elimenator/tag mount,Puig (sp?) smoked racing screen, Black duct tape to hide the zip strips holding up the wiring for the rear turn signals, The bike is blue and the only body mod is silver panels in the rear. Not sure if I like them or not. No engine mods, she seems perky enough for an old man as is.
I have several munis clearing (maturing) in April. I intend on doing a Supersprox 520 conversion. I think stock ratios will work for me. I value the gas milage over a little extra pop. To ensure domestic tranquility (I'm too old for domestic bliss) Big Momma gets a new A/C and a new sofa for the TV room. I'm going to trade the sofa for rebuilding the front boingers.
Any one put an R6 front on a FZ6?
The Supersprox is a new thing to me. I really like the idea of steel teeth on an aluminum sprocket. Only does it work? I really don't want to be cruising down the slab and have sprocket teeth come bouncing by me. The 520 kit is on sale for 199.00$US, which seems like a very good deal.
:hdscratch

·
Registered
3 Posts
Make:Honda
Model:CBR
Year:2008
CCs:125
Bike category:R
Use: Recreational
Modifications: Arrow exhaust, sounds like a moped without it

My cousin gave it to me last July after he got his ninja 600. I rode all summer and love it, can't wait for this season and I'm looking to upgrade to a CBR 600 in may.

·
Registered
848 Posts
well, i have made some changes since the last time posted in this thread....

2011 GSXR750 in blue/white. w/ 2500miles
cc:749
class: umm, commuter? LOL SS
use: whenever i can take it out... commuting, honey-do list pick-up, seeing the sights, etc...(eventual track whore)
MODS: swingarm spools, tank pad, electric gear hookup, SS brake lines waiting install, and awaiting license plate lights to DIY Fender Eliminator.

Love everything except that my Honey can't ride on the back comfortably. :(
but give us a few months, i hope i shall be rectifying that with a bike that has much better accommodations. heeeheeeemuuuahahahahahaa

Fav bike was my 02 VFR800.

·
Hayabusa Abuser
39 Posts
Make:Suzuki
Model:Hayabusa
Year:2006
CCs:1300
Bike category:Supersport
Use: Recreational
Modifications: Muzzy full exhaust, Ivan's TRE, Power Commander, custom wheels, custom paint, custom chrome, HALO instrument lights, two mods on the hump, mod on the pair valve, Zero Gravity windscreen, Corbin seat front and rear, custom undertail, LED turn signals front and rear, braided SS Galfer brake and clutch lines, yellow box, Ohlins front fork springs, chrome fairing screens, chrome handlebar switches, chrome kick stand, custom chrome front and rear footpegs, chrome grab bar, chrome, chrome, chrome.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Model: CBR 600F4i
Year: 2001
Use: spring/summer/fall daily driver.
Mileage: 51604km (~32000 miles)
Have 1,000km on it so far this season (read: 2 weeks for me), about 700 of it highway. So far, I am limited by the cold in riding time, not the ergos. I can do about 1.5-2 hours before I am too cold to go further, and need a break.
with a better than OEM seat, and a set of adjustable rearsets, I am pretty sure I would be nearly unlimited come warmer weather. she is awesome! And a hit with, well, everyone!

In the near future I am doing oil change (it's not bad but I still should for peace of mind), an air filter, plugs n wires (needs em), the fuel pressure regulator, and a new cam chain tensioner, along with tires. hoping to have all that cleared up in about 5 weeks. Tires and the CCT are first I think.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I started riding in 1994 when my first bike at 18 was a 1994 Ninja 250. Since then I had a ZX7 and a CBR F4I. Both of those are now gone and I haven't been riding for the past 10 years until now. I just bought this new 2011 ZX6R with 1 mile on it a month ago. This is my reason for staying with the 600cc class until I move up to a 1000. I broke it in and now have about 1100 miles on it. I just took off the stock exhaust and installed a new carbon fiber Akrapovic exhaust slip-on with the mid-pipe. I'm still using the stock headers. I also got rid of the servo motor and cables and installed an Ivan's server motor eliminator module. So far it's great. I would like input from people about other mods for my bike or other bikes in this class (power commanders, advancers, etc..) I will be using this for riding with friends and to work with the weather is good. I haven't been on a track before but hope to learn more from this forum and from others prior to my opportunity to then go on the track. Like skydiving which is my other passion for the past 8 years, I believe in smalls steps. I'm now a skydiving coach and videographer in the air. I'm in no hurry to bite off more than I can chew and I have nothing to prove to anyone other than safety is paramount.

Here is my bike below :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
When i joined SBN i had a new 2001 r1 followed by-
2003= zx7r used
2005= cbr1000rr 05 new
2008= gsxr1000 k8 new
2010= big bang R1 2010 new
2013= R1 2013 new

race bikes -
2006 r1 full race tuned with ohlins front and rear
gsxr750 race tuned with k,tech
sp1 wet bike
05 cbr1000rr standard with suspension mods

·
Registered
69 Posts
Make: yammy
Model: fazer
Year: 1986
CCs:749
Bike category: UberAwesome
Mileage: 72,651

Mods: 4-1 exhaust, Hindle Stealth, b***** main and pilot air jets.

Got the bike for tattooing my very good friend, free for the rest of his life....not a bad deal for me...or him.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Make:Yamaha
Model:YZF600R (not R6!)
Year:2007
CCs:599
Engine configuration:I4
Bike category:Sport/Touring
Use:Street/Commuting
Modifications:Mirrors with led signals

·
Sled Head
654 Posts
All nice bikes guys. I still have my R6 when I started on this club in 05, with about 18k miles now. I love all bikes, but one thing about the new sportbikes I don't like is the way the fairing doesn't cover the engine anymore. I like the look of fairings that cover the whole engine, its just my preference. Plus if you go down lightly your engine cases are all scratched up, I don't understand why not have fairing cover most of engine. I also have a Suzuki Intruder 800 with drag bars for cruising!

Attachments

·
youtube.com/PistNRods
40 Posts
Started on a 94 CBR F3, went away during college. Then back onto an 00 Ninja 250 after school. Now on an SV.

Found a pic of the Ninja :D

Make:Suzuki
Model: SV650
Year:2000
CCs:650
Bike category: Standard
Use: DD mule
Modifications: Yoshi RS3, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator, eBay mirrors

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Pictures to come later, I promise

Make:Kawasaki
Model: ZX-6R aka Ninja 636
Year:2005
CCs:636
Mileage: 43K
Color: Black & Blue
Engine Configuration: Inline Four
Use: Commute, Canyons, freedom seeking

Aftermarket Mods: Dual 6K HID lights, SuperSprox 14/43 tooth sprockets, Gold plated 525 RK Chain, Frame Sliders, Swingarm spools, Healtech Speedohealer, Core Steel Braided brake lines front and rear, Woodcraft Stator Cover, Adjustable Shorty lever, HotBodies Double Bubble windscreen, Ape Manual CCT, Gold plated Adjustable Rearsets, K&N Air Filter, Custom Body Kit by Superbike fairings, Two Bros dual pipe exhaust slip on, Battery Tender quick charger, AC adapter outlet for GPS and/or GoPro, Fender Eliminator, Chive decal for extra 5 HP.

Pending work: Valve Adjustment, New rear brake rotor, New clutch plates, New seat covers, New body kid or paint job,

·
Registered
250 Posts

She's a 2014 GSX-R750. Because fuck it, I've always wanted a Gixxer. Biggest bike I've had (previously have had 600f4i, Ninja 250R, FZ6R, R6 at varying times), but pretty damn agile. Suspension tweaking is a breeze and the engine is freaking intoxicating. Love her.

101 - 120 of 125 Posts