Sport Bikes banner

Would you try to turn the bike in a get a new one?

• Yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: Lets start by saying "Who cares what bike you think is better" and "Pretend all of this was happening to your bike"

I have a 2004 ZX-6R with 3400 miles on it. I picked it up in Feb brand new right out of the box. Sence Feb these are the problems I have had with it.
1) Coolent leak
2) Runs hot
3) Hard starting
4) Broke tooth on front sprocket
5) Clutch actuater lever seal leak
6) Oil leak
7) Bike is making a loud tapping noise
8) Bike viberates when I hold the clutch in when I roll to a stop
9) Bike makes a whining noise when I roll to a stop
10) Sudden loose of power
Now I don't know about you but I don't think these are the normal bike hick-ups! Tell me what you think and what you would do.

Oh ya the bike is under warrenty and has been dropped at about 5 mph but that was in feb. Long story maybe I'll tell you all some time.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I want to say yes but I belive you have to have the same problem 4 or more times to be considered a lemmon. This might be diffrent where you live. Also I think the problem has to be fixed by the shop the 4 times. But as far as im conserned yes.

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ya the dealership that I bought the bike at told me that the sprocket was back ordered and didn't know when one would make it in so I went out and bought one. They said they had to sharge me thirty dollars to put it one because it was not a warrenty slipped item!

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
you do relise you have 2 threads for the same thing dont you

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya sometimes I get a better responce.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
marsolais said:
:mad: Lets start by saying "Who cares what bike you think is better" and "Pretend all of this was happening to your bike"

I have a 2004 ZX-6R with 3400 miles on it. I picked it up in Feb brand new right out of the box. Sence Feb these are the problems I have had with it.
1) Coolent leak
2) Runs hot
3) Hard starting
6) Oil leak
Now I don't know about you but I don't think these are the normal bike hick-ups! Tell me what you think and what you would do.

Oh ya the bike is under warrenty and has been dropped at about 5 mph but that was in feb. Long story maybe I'll tell you all some time.

Quite unusual. Our Dealer Support is a Kawi Dealer and I frequent the Service Manuals often and conduct R&D with the Dealership. Have never heard of a series of issues like you have listed.

QUESTIONS:
Have you had all of your required "Warranty" services? On time?
Have you track ridden the bike? How often? How often redlined?
Modified any of the Electrical Systems?

Johnny

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bike has 3400 miles on it all services were done. No track time at all. No mods besides the after market sprocket.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
marsolais said:

1) Coolent leak
A: Bad radiator, faulty hoses or loose hoses

2) Runs hot
A: Direct result of #1

3) Hard starting
A: Anything from electrical to the starter & starter solenoid

A: Typical cause from torque applied under power on an improperly adj chain

A: Unusual

6) Oil leak
A: WHERE???

A: Typical cause, valve clatter or shim/bucket problems

A: Weird.......Possible bearing issues

A: Possibly the same as #8

A: Wiring, CDI, seizing............Unusual!

Bad, bad bike!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
LEMON.

I had a 97' Kawasaki ZX-7R with 23 thousand miles and not a hickup.
Your brand new kawi is a lemon. It was built on a Friday.

Old 95 CBR6, 19K miles never a problem.
Current 99 R1, 12K miles. never a problem.

You got a lemon.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
I voted no, because I think that in most states lemon laws require the same thing to go wrong with a vehicle several times.

You can have a hundred different things go wrong in 20 days, as long as it's not the same thing like 4 times, it's not a lemon.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
black7R said:
LEMON.

I had a 97' Kawasaki ZX-7R with 23 thousand miles and not a hickup.
Your brand new kawi is a lemon. It was built on a Friday.

Old 95 CBR6, 19K miles never a problem.
Current 99 R1, 12K miles. never a problem.

You got a lemon.

LEMON............But unusual for the 636.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Sorry to hear all this, I am on my 2nd Kawa.

1st-02 zrx1200-never any trouble
Now-02 zx9r-never any trouble

Well, I dont intend to rub salt in your wombs but if you dont qualify for lemon law and cant or wont sell it buy a kawa extended warranty while its still in its first year.

I didnt buy one for my zx9 because I just trust it. Hope your bike gets better.

·
Believe It or Not........
5,339 Posts
I don't think the lemon law applies to bikes...cars only in Florida I believe? I thought it was three times to the dealer for the same problem.

Sounds like u got a "Friday evening" bike!!!

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How do I find out when my bike was put together?

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
its in the serial number. You'll need to do a bit of digging. I'd say you got taken I hate to say it but my luck with kawis hasnt been the best but then I'm very hard on anything I ride and uasually destroy it within a year or so. I made the wheels om my KTM 500XC look like stop signs in about 2 months and it comes with top of the line sun rims and talon hubs.... I just ride like I left my brain at the bar and its been a habit since I was a kid.... :D

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
That's just way too much stuff going wrong on one bike for it to not be a lemon.

BTW, I don't think this is a common thing for Kawasaki's. I've owned a 91 600R, a 96 6R, and now a 04 10R and I haven't had a single problem with any of them.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
how was it broken in?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts