Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want know what all of you guys like and dislike about your R1?

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What I love about mine is pretty easy- it looks very predatory, simply the best looking literbike out there. Power is phenomenal with the handling to go with it. I love the twin underseat pipes and dual Gatling style headlamps. This thing looks like it is going to eat someone alive!!!! And fit and finish is a very close second to Honda.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
well, i like my R1 b/c of the power. the damn thing looks fast just sitting still. I like the ability to change how it rides by tinkering w/various suspension components and i like the torque giving me the ability to get out of not so safe situations. even though it is 5 years old, it is still quite competetive. it's my baby.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys- what about the rest of our R1 brethren??? Let's brag a little, we all know we have the best literbike out there!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I bought my 01 R1 about a month ago. I rode it three times, then took it apart and sent it out to have it painted. Got it back last week Wednesday and have put 500 miles on the clock. I didin't like the Red a Black scheme, besides, all my gear was yellow and black. My R1 has a scott's damper, steel brake lines on front, and some polished aluminum sliders just incase I go into a corner too hard. Prior to the R1 I have owned: 02 Haybausa, 00 GSXR750, 91 ZX7R, 00 F4, a few F3's, 02 F4I, and a 96 Katana 750, all in that order. Of all these bikes, the R1 is the most exciting to ride, just barely edging out the GSXR750. :phatyo

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Modidy- SHARP looking R1!! Yellow is my favorite color and that is one awesome bike!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Dan'sR1 said:
Modidy- SHARP looking R1!! Yellow is my favorite color and that is one awesome bike!!!
Dude, I wish that was mine, just one I found on the net. But rest assured, mine will look like that after I finish with it this winter. The only difference is that I have a black tail and hugger on mine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
love my '04 R1 to death. the only thing i wish was better is that damn annoying vibration between 5-6k rpm range. stock exhaust that sounds this good? can't beat it. first time i haven't wanted to ditch the stock exhuast. almost a year of owning it and the stock exhaust is still on there

·
Registered
51 Posts
The best investment I ever made...:2devil

·
Registered
910 Posts
Dan'sR1 said:
And fit and finish is a very close second to Honda.
How so?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Still wondering...

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
They're def. great looking machines. A friend of mine dubbed them the "Yawn 1"s. :lol

Probably just because everybody and their uncles has one. Gets kinda boring when you look like everyone else.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess I'm lucky where I live because mos people have cruisers- Harley's and Goldwings etc. The few sportbikes I see are 600's and mostly Suzuki's & Kawi's. I have only seen one other guy on an R1 this year. Makes me feel kind of special. I have also put about an extra $7k into my bike, so it is pretty unique regardless.

·
Registered
910 Posts
What do you see about the "fit and finish" that relegates it to runner up status to Honda?

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is a good question eyespy. There probably isn't one, but I had a CBR600RR before this and I guess visually it just seemed a little better in overall craftsmanship. But like I said, there probably isn't a difference at all. I probably perceive colorations of the parts differently with no real facts behind it. But I think most will agree Yamaha and Honda are the best in terms of fit and finish.

·
Registered
286 Posts
What is there not to like about the R-1? Awesome power, best looking bike out there (including the gixxer1k- :upyours ), you can tour with it if you want,I've ridden mine to Deal's Gap 3 times from SW Florida, and can keep up with anything this side of a busa' :pisson in a straight line. I love my R-1 and I'll never sell it even though I may buy a 2006 to add to my collection. Oh yeah did I forget to mention that Valentino Rossi is kicking everybodies ass on a bike that is based on the R-1!!!!!!!! :bowdown

1 - 20 of 29 Posts