Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see it on icemans list, i was wondering how is that place compared to Paly?

and there is also highland valley road/Julian, i went there with my car once, not sure if its a good place for bikes
 

·
Calm like a bomb!
Joined
·
7,944 Posts
RiderL7 said:
I didn't see it on icemans list, i was wondering how is that place compared to Paly?

and there is also highland valley road/Julian, i went there with my car once, not sure if its a good place for bikes
The list is still under construction.

Telegraph is fun, but Palomar is THE most technical road in the San Diego area...period.

Guys ride highland valley all the time...it's a fun route to get through to Ramona.

If you are taking the 15N you exit Pomerado rd to the right and take the first left. That is highland valley.

You will have to hook up on one of the group rides sometime and I will show you some good areas for you to refine your skills.
 

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
Joined
·
20,262 Posts
Don't hear much about Telegraph canyon anymore. I remember a string a bad accidents out there and I think folks kinda went away from there. I personally never rode it. There is a guy named Rawkett (he's on here) and other local boards had a horric accident out that way.

Highland valley road is an awesome road. I had so much fun on it. I rode it quite often as it was right up the street from where I lived.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iceman_954rr said:
Palomar is THE most technical road in the San Diego area...period.
This is what i heard, ahhh dammit i need a free weekend, so i can check it out, I know highland valley road but never been there on a bike only in a car, plus isn't there a few cops in the area of palomar and Highland?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Telegraph is a decent ride. Not as technical as Palomar or Banner but fun none the less. It's a good ride if you can get out there before the bicyclist do. There are also some fun roads out that way. Honey Springs, Tavern, Japatul Valley and Lyons Valley. They are not heavy populated and the only thing you really have to watch for is the occasional oncoming traffic because those are shortcuts from freeways so people tend to fly through there and blow the double yellow. But they are all good.
 

·
Calm like a bomb!
Joined
·
7,944 Posts
cbrmadness said:
Telegraph is a decent ride. Not as technical as Palomar or Banner but fun none the less. It's a good ride if you can get out there before the bicyclist do. There are also some fun roads out that way. Honey Springs, Tavern, Japatul Valley and Lyons Valley. They are not heavy populated and the only thing you really have to watch for is the occasional oncoming traffic because those are shortcuts from freeways so people tend to fly through there and blow the double yellow. But they are all good.
Rich and I here went out there a few weeks ago and did some exploring...there were some bitchin roads out there huh Rich. :cheers

Tavern Rd in Alpine is really fun too.
 

·
****X173rdPARA****
Joined
·
947 Posts
i've only ridden telegraph canyon rd. once, but i had a blast. it was a very fun rd. lots of sweet sweepers, but just the right amount of tight twisties.
i hate lyons valley rd. too tight and lanes are too narrow. i lost it out there a few weeks back. it's a good spot for the SMs, though...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
The roads I mentioned earlier are not as technical as one would think be they are still a blast to ride. They are fun if you plan on staying away from Palomar like I am. Too much stuff going on at Palomar. Not worth it if you ask me. Plus with the weather changing around here, the mountain will not be pretty much longer.
 

·
TeamFelony.com
Joined
·
1,632 Posts
The 94 out of Rancho San Diego, all the way out to Jacumba is a blast. Done that one 5 or 6 times----- Never seen a CHiPpy (Not that I need to worry). Not technical, but can be HAUL ASS FAST........ if you dare.

Alex, we should get together and map that one out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
That is a fun ride I have done that many times. Then there is the Shell and Subway at the end to fuel up and eat at. Good Ride.
I have never seen a CHiP over in that area either. But Border Patrol all over they just like to watch us ride. No big deal from them.
 

·
Calm like a bomb!
Joined
·
7,944 Posts
m_chevy said:
The 94 out of Rancho San Diego, all the way out to Jacumba is a blast. Done that one 5 or 6 times----- Never seen a CHiPpy (Not that I need to worry). Not technical, but can be HAUL ASS FAST........ if you dare.

Alex, we should get together and map that one out.
Yeah we can do that.

We could also hit tavern rd...and end up on the 8 in Alpine.

Let me know.
 

·
TeamFelony.com
Joined
·
1,632 Posts
Maybe in a month or so. I'm tryin to decide about the group ride with the northern So-Cal folks. I'll be in San Bernardino from Oct 23-Nov. 2. Sometime after that, I'll be up for it.
 

·
Calm like a bomb!
Joined
·
7,944 Posts
m_chevy said:
Maybe in a month or so. I'm tryin to decide about the group ride with the northern So-Cal folks. I'll be in San Bernardino from Oct 23-Nov. 2. Sometime after that, I'll be up for it.
Cool man...you know where to find me.

I already need new tires....:a2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
m_chevy said:
^^^^^^

You say that until they pull your ass over into secondary at the checkpoint. Just because they like to watch you ride.
It wouldn't last too long. My old man works for Customs. Once I mention his name they tend to forget why they stopped me. At least Customs and BP does.

I know I speak from experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Don't hear much about Telegraph canyon anymore. I remember a string a bad accidents out there and I think folks kinda went away from there. I personally never rode it. There is a guy named Rawkett (he's on here) and other local boards had a horric accident out that way.
Where did everyone go from the old SROCK crew?
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top