Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying this jacket. Has anyone had any experiences with it? Thanks for feedback.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've got this jacket in a size 40. I love it, and you can't beat the price. I'm 5' 10" and weigh 135 though. I need to bulk up, but thats another topic.

The lightning usually runs a little small, but I think it fits close to the same as any Joe Rocket I tried on at the store. Here is something taken from newenough.com

"Sizing Information: The fit of these jackets runs smaller than most brand/models. We estimate they run about one size smaller than normal in the small size ranges and one to two sizes smaller in the larger sizes. So, for example, if you normally buy a 42, you'll want to choose a 44 in this jacket. And if you are a big guy you'll want to buy two sizes larger than normal (buy a 52 if you normally buy a 48). To determine a size based upon your measurements, measure your chest and belly and compare this to the chart below and choose a size that will accommodate both your chest and belly:
Jacket Size Max chest Max belly
40 38 32
42 40 34
44 41 36
46 43 38
48 44 39
50 46 41
52 48 43
54 50 45

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like mine in a size 48. Theres better jackets out there but the lightnings price is great for people who don't have 4-500 dollars to spend on a jacket. It comes with a liner and the ventilation works decent. All leather is hot if you aren't moving.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well, I just ordered the one from that picture (Red/Silver/White one)

·
Registered
369 Posts
I just ordered the blue/black/white one in size 46 from new enough...i'm pretty sure its last years model. I tried on a 44 in the local shop and, while i could zip it up, it probably wouldn't have been too comfy...or accomodating of a hoodie for colder rides. for $180 shipped and getting a pair of Joe Rocket gloves tossed in, i really couldn't argue.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, you've got the last year's model. It looks completely different from this one.

I got mine for $235 (www.motorcyclestore.com)

·
Registered
369 Posts
yeah, it sure does. I'm not sure which i like better. Mine came today and i'm stoked. I really should hop on the bike and go for a ride :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yea i've bought the last years model from new enough also...235????damn i bought mine for half that!!! So far so good, no complaints and good purchase for the money.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2002hondacbrf4i said:
Yea i've bought the last years model from new enough also...235????damn i bought mine for half that!!! So far so good, no complaints and good purchase for the money.
that's the thing. I bought THIS YEAR'S MODEL... the one in the picture on top of this thread

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's a decent jacket for the price. I think the leather is a tad thin compared to my Alpinestar TZ1 jacket. CE approved armor, stitching nice and neat, zippers function well. It's a good jacket overall. Comes with a built in Knox back pad/protector. Decently padded for the price

If I remember correctly, I picked on up at MAW for $199

·
Registered
3 Posts
Teknic lightning jacket (this year vs. last year)

I am interested in purchasing the Teknic Lightning Jacket. I found last years model on new enough for 109. I really like the price of that, but I want to know if it comes with the same padding as this years model. Can anyone with last years model let me know if it has the back padding?

·
Registered
369 Posts
it does not come with the back protector. THere is a pocket in there to add one in, but the pad itself does not come stock. It also has pockets for additional elbow armor. Shoulder armor is included.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. From your previous reply, it looks as though you have last years model, are you happy with it? You mentioned that you can add additional elbow armor, does it come with any at all? I like the look of this years model...but for less than half the price I think I will go with last years model. Are you aware if there is any difference between to two years, other than cosmetics?
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
2 Posts
the older one on newenough doesnt come with any elbow armor. i has an extra patch of leather in that area for rub through protection. it has pockets in the liner, i added some hard armor that i took out of my joe rocket jacket. no back pad, just the pocket for one

1 - 14 of 14 Posts