Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

I just bought a Teknic violator (on special $177 with shipping), the problem is that I live in south florida and it rains a lot here, I was wondering if the rain will affect me leather or not. I also want to get a pair a teknic leather gloves any recomendation?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a "nice" leather jacket and live in the wet florida. IMO, I would not sacrifice the safety of leather for riding in the rain. I have a rain suit that is big enough to fit over the jacket. Now, I can keep my leather from being soaked. Also, it wouldn't hurt to put some conditioner (for leather) on the jacket to give it a little coating. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Keep the leather clean/conditioned and you should be fine. If you want to go the extra mile - spray it down good with some Scotchguard leather shoe spray.

I own the Tecknic Violator 1-pc and Tecnik Pro gloves - both see rain, are over two years old, have been in one lowside accident, and are in super condition (minus the scrapes on the knuckle guards. ;)

Super stuff, especially for the price. If you purchased the entire suit for under $200 you got my helluva deal! :eek: Congrats!!! The suit sold retail for $700 and I bought mine for $400.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I only ever ride in my leather jacket, rain or shine. My upper body never gets wet, even when it's pissing down rain. Buy some good leather conditioner/waterproofer, and give it a couple of coatings a season and you'll never even need the raingear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks A Lot.
I Only Bought The Jacket For 177 Not The Suit. I Really Apreciate You Rhelp And Will Follow Through On The Advice About The Leather Conditioner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts