Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
From the red stitching and 3 pedals, my guess is Speed3.

I'm a big Mazda fan. They're doing in the car industry what Kawi is doing in the bike industry: making cool things that are interesting enough that you'd actually want. Michelle got a CX-5 a couple weeks ago, and its been awesome. I have a feeling they're going to be EVERYWHERE once people start catching on.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup you ate correct speed3.

I have been so uptight and stressed all day because it was in queens and my bf needed to get to work by 230 in Manhattan and I was coming from Philly and we had no idea about traffic. So I was just so stressed.

But I am half way home.. stopped to report a disabled vehicle in a very dangerous area.... I am so happy. My truck was acting crazy weird on the way up and its so beautiful to not be worried about it breaking down and its got great gas mileage and acceleration. It's just fun. I am ear to ear grinning. It's pretty dirty so I didn't want to post up a shoddy picture. But damn am I happy. Huge weight lifted.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Sweet!

The Speed3 is an awesome choice in my opinion. Strikes a good balance between fun and practicality. I think you'll be really happy with it.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
:dblthumb

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Nice! Congrats (I obviously saw the general post before this post =P) Mazda's a fun little cars. I'm actually surprised you don't see more of them on the road.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Sweet! Welcome to the mazda family. Just Plz do be a favor and leave the fart can off the back. Lol

C-gratz on the ride!

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys!! I made it home safely and with great style and fun. merging on to the freeway after stopping on the side is WAY nicer in a car with some ass! :)

It's going to take some time to adjust- the shifter is different than mine- R is on the left and it actually has a 6th gear (I forgot about it and totally rode 70 mph in 5th- not an issue)

Most stressful trip ever to NY- I didn't want to make the BF late for work- and I had no idea what the traffic conditions were in NY or surrounding area's... and I needed to bring fuel with me because the last I had heard (BF is phoneless so it's mostly email) they didn't have fuel in their vehicles really. So I had to scramble to get my fuel can's assembled and filled....

and I took them to a place I never go to because it was just on the way to the TurnPike (normally I take a surface street to avoid tolls- but in the effort to concerve fuel and not be in start and stop traffic for 40 miles- I took the TP) which requires cash. Anyway- I hand the dude my card after I said "fill'er up" and he starts filling- but then looks at my card and goes cash only.

I almost exploded. That was my only cash- and it took all 25 fucking bucks to fill up the cans.

So I had to drive across the street (which I know doesn't sound like much- but it's a big street and long lights- you know- Jersey style) already running fucking late... only to find out Wal-Greens' ATM doesn't work. So I start fussing and fussing and then I said. Oh well- soda and a candy bar (clerk and customer are now thinking I'm crazy) and I'm ranting about the fuel guy....

And then I said. Well I'll get a snickers... because I'm not myself when I'm hungry!!!

At this point they both burst out laughing and all was well. I got my cash and back on the road.

Where under "moderate" acceleration- my truck's constantly on check engine light starts blinking furiously at me and making clicking noises. I was so frustrated and stressed!!! Up to the car itself I was so aggrevated and annoyed and panicked that I was going to make him late to work and I was going to get stranded and it sucked.

But The Dominator survived up to North NJ- and I didn't manage to run over the knuckle headed douchebags who were literally rubbernecking at the line of cars on the side of the road at the service stations- it was so bad (completely free flowing traffic and 4 open lanes- and the douch bag just slams on their brakes. I was so pissed I was screaming in my truck at them all the way up the toll plaza. It was excessive- and I'm probably going to give myself a heart attach that way- but whatever. I hate stupid people.

on to the car:
It's older than I had wanted- it's a 2007- but it only had 47xxx miles on it- and it was the ONLY owner- who was really low key. Just got married and the wifey couldn't drive the stick (his loss but whatever). The interior is immaculate- he didn't clean it persay- but it's in pristine condition. He commuted via public transit to work so it was only his weekend car.

I am totally thrilled to have HEAT and reverse lights- and running tail lights... and an engine!... .and an emergency brake!!! :D

Blu- no mod's for me- it's stock and I kind of like the sound it makes now!!! :)

I'll throw some more pictures up later- but I'd like to clean it and name it first!

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. It seems like you are really enjoying it!

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol nope- if I was going to trade in on the practicality of a truck I wanted something manual, looked good, was functional/practical but sporty- peppy and handled well.

I see no reason to use the utility of the truck and buy an econo box. So I'm happy. I'm not going to be particularly happy when I have to go pay the 8% sales tax... but shrug- this is what adults do. :(

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Sounds like a fun little car Jo. Congrats. Did you consider a WRX for the AWD? Invaluable in the northeast.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I very much did-it was my first choice- I scouted out several. But everyone wanted almost 20 grand for 2 year old 60,000 mile cars. This one was significantly less expensive, one time owner and significantly fewer miles.

It's front wheel- so it's not nearly as awesome as all wheel obviously- but I had a budget and the WRX's had me haggling to get down to the target number- this one came in UNDER that by a fair bit- I still have to sell the truck and trailer and a costume which will net me several thousand and really help out.

I technically could have afforded it- but it would have made me miserable- this is a much more satisfactory solution. I'm hoping I can get another good 5 plus years out of it without dumping 5 grand into it like I did my truck!

I know the brakes need to be done in the next 9 months or so- he said they hadn't been done in a while- but I think I can do those myself. Will be difficult to do oil changes- I might just suck it up and take it somewhere as much as I hate the thought. Ah well.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
Sounds like a fun little car Jo. Congrats. Did you consider a WRX for the AWD? Invaluable in the northeast.
Its pretty expensive for not a lot of use around here. AWD isn't really needed when the bridges are the biggest hill you see for 30 miles.

I've not really wanted for 4wd with my Truck its just a basic 2x4.

Reactions: The Predator

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I very much did-it was my first choice- I scouted out several. But everyone wanted almost 20 grand for 2 year old 60,000 mile cars. This one was significantly less expensive, one time owner and significantly fewer miles.

It's front wheel- so it's not nearly as awesome as all wheel obviously- but I had a budget and the WRX's had me haggling to get down to the target number- this one came in UNDER that by a fair bit- I still have to sell the truck and trailer and a costume which will net me several thousand and really help out.

I technically could have afforded it- but it would have made me miserable- this is a much more satisfactory solution. I'm hoping I can get another good 5 plus years out of it without dumping 5 grand into it like I did my truck!

I know the brakes need to be done in the next 9 months or so- he said they hadn't been done in a while- but I think I can do those myself. Will be difficult to do oil changes- I might just suck it up and take it somewhere as much as I hate the thought. Ah well.
almost 50k? I doubt it really needs brakes unless they've absolutely never been done, especially on a stick if he's been using engine braking. I have 85k on my truck and my rear brakes (original) still have another 20k and only 45k on the front and they've probably got another 10k on them with heavy braking (automatic so I have to use the brakes more) First thing I'd probably do is look into changing the gear oil in the trans and upgrading to a synthetic to help it shift smoother.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Its pretty expensive for not a lot of use around here. AWD isn't really needed when the bridges are the biggest hill you see for 30 miles.

I've not really wanted for 4wd with my Truck its just a basic 2x4.
True. We have lots of big hills here.

Jo I'm glad you considered one. The WRX I drove gave me a huge smile. I want to drive a STi.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
I test drove the Mazda 3 and thought it was amazing in handling. I'd love to drive a SPeed3. I wish its Ford cousins had a performance equivalent too.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
True. We have lots of big hills here.

Jo I'm glad you considered one. The WRX I drove gave me a huge smile. I want to drive a STi.
I got to drive a 2010 STi that had some mods done(guy tracked it). very awesome car.

my family has a 2006 or 2007 Mazda 3. thing handles great. would love if they had an AWD version at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 91 Posts