Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was in class the other day finalizing my 2d logo in illustrator (sportbike doin a stoppie over my fake company's wording) and he comes up sayin that the pic looks like the bike he's gonna get. so i ask him about it and apparently he's gonna get a bandit 1200s.
i ask him about his background with bikes and the only experience he's had was when he was 18 or 19 (he's 38/39 now). I told him to absolutely make sure he wears his gear (he was looking over my helmet at the time) and said he has a jacket similar to mine and has a helmet. he couldnt remember the brand tho... :dunno he then told me about the sticker he's getting for the back of the helmet "im not racing, im qualifying" :lame
this guy has 3 young kids and is a flash web designer, so he's a pretty level headed guy. does any1 have the hp/torque ratings on the 1200s? also is it a twin or a 4cyl? next time i see him imma tell him to go through msf, though i doubt ill even make a dent cuz i know he'll counter with, "ive ridden before" or something along those lines.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
why?

it's a freakin 1200 w/ prolly in the 120hp range.........it a hella lotta bike for a noob.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
snigg said:
i agree, that sticker is gheyness. he should be alright on the bandit though
Another :lame post by snigg, once again reccomending bikes people simply shouldn't be starting on.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nah, Bandits aren't in the 120s for HP. I think they're around 100. BTW is a 4 cylinder engine. Its a really old design so they prolly build revs really slowly. He should be okay on it.

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
well...at least he has some experience and he is older.

the fact that he likes that sticker so much that he told you about it scares me tho! :lol

·
Registered
171 Posts
Say what you want about a 1200 bandit, they are/can easily be a mid 6 second bike in the 8th. That is a lot of bike period, especially some one with no experience. There not slow.

That said, if the guy is nearly 40 with kids and seems to be settled, you said he was your instructor, he is probably a guy that will approach any bike with caution and be able to learn as he goes and be fine.

God Bless
Seth

1 - 10 of 10 Posts