Sport Bikes banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this is for pictures forum or open forums... feel free to trow it around from one forum to another :D

I haven't ever done a tattoo, but like em alot. I was thinking about having one done allready for some time but just could not dicide what to do as it will stay for ever and I wanted it to have a meaning for me.

I made some in PS and have some questions.
(I'm not planing to do them all at once or even do them all at all)

The guitars I would like something like the acustic one on my right "Pectoralis Major" (see the first pic) where the arrow is pointing, and the electric Ibanez on the same place but on the left side. Both about 7cm to 10cm (2" - 3"). It supposed to symbolise old and new (the acustic is my first acustic one and the ibanez my first electric one), Classic and modern, natural and electrical, Ying and Yang.. u get the point

My second idea was the japanese zodiac sign, as I very mutch like the japanese culture and all (I have to lear it !) I was born 1987, my sign is the Rabbit (not 100% shure though, could somebody confirm?)
I'm also not shure if this is realy the zodiac sign of the rabbit and want to be shure that if I tattoo something on my skin it realy means what I want it to mean it. I heared a story somebody had some japanese signs on his arm and all the japanese ppl where LOL'ing at him and when he asked they transleted "Chicken Sweet & Sour"

-What do you think about the guitar idea ?
-How mutch $ will it cost +/- ?
-Can one guitar be done in one session or will I have to attend it a few times ?
-Could somebody confirm if 1987 is realy the year of the rabbit ?
-I found two different signs for the rabbit, witch one is it now ?? Is one of them realy the zodiac sign for the rabbit and not for sushi ?

sry for that long thread.
thx for any feedback :dblthumb

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
First, this is Marsolais not Boost!
Second, look at it this way, If you see the tat on someone else would you say BWAAAAAAAAA that is gay! Cause I know if I saw a dude with a guitar on his chest I'd call him a flamer.
Third, tat's don't come off, unless you get a good case of rode rash or you pay a shit lode to have it removed which mind you is more painful then the rash!
And Last, I have five tat's one took nine hours to do. The shit don't hurt but a gay tat hurts forever!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I don't know if I would listen to "gay" "flamer" boy there (ask Freud), do what you want to do. Personally, my grandfather had a tat of a rose on his arm since his nickname was rowesey, and I have considered for a long time getting a rose myself to remember him with. I was thinking a kind of absract, simple shaded rose with no color with tribal-style thorns(or a thicker, tighter band) that wrap around the upper arm. What u think of that Zayankaly?

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
I think the guitars should be in color, not plain ol black and white. They represent the "sound" that is music yesterday and today. Music to our ears as what, say, painting's are to our eyes, amoung other vitals. Personaly I would not put Asian words or lettering on me. You don't see many Asian's running around with English letters on them, except the occational "Old English Text". If you do get the symbols, do not get them close together with the guitars. The symbolism of the two would clash. Good luck on your desidetion, and do remember that tattoo's are PERMINATE!!!!! Make double sure it's really what you want.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep, I know they stay for ever... that is way I'm allready thinking about it for about 3 years but never done it.

@ Marsolais: I don't get your post... from what I DID understand, your saying something like the idea sux :D thou I don't understand way music, and guitars are gay and guitarist are to be called flamers ??? If you can be bothered explain that post a bit more pls... PS: you got all the questions answered on the board of www.mongoproduction.org where u posted.

@ Ibleedgreen: good idea, I'll try some coloring. And I didn't plan on puting both disings to close. The zodiac sign I also though of doing it REALY small somewhere hiding... but thats just an Idea. I think I'll stay with the basic idea of the "gay flamer" guitars :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
BTW dude....it's Chinese Zodiac...not Japanese...I'm a tiger Grrrrrr

·
Registered
269 Posts
I got my first tat when I was 39yrs old. LOL I wanted to be sure I wanted one. Like all decisions most take time to determine if they were right or not so the design is fairly mute as all decisions on this level can usually be rationalized pro and con. I just got a Kanji (Hayabusa) and I also have a self designed guitar but thats on my leg. Wait I must be gay let me tell my wife she'll be happy she wont have to put out anymore :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Zyankaly said:
-What do you think about the guitar idea ?
-How mutch $ will it cost +/- ?
-Can one guitar be done in one session or will I have to attend it a few times ?
-Could somebody confirm if 1987 is realy the year of the rabbit ?
-I found two different signs for the rabbit, witch one is it now ?? Is one of them realy the zodiac sign for the rabbit and not for sushi ?
Guitar Idea - So long as it means something to you,and its deep, :twofinger everyone else
Cost - Considering Size - Its simple.its its solid..or detail it will vary between 90-250.00 on average at a Shop.
Session - It can be done in one session,I have Three really big tattos and one of them was done in one session with extreme detaill.a 5 hour session,but one session,lol.
Sorry dont know shit abou rabbits,sushio,frogs,dogs,rats,or any of that stuff,lol.

*Not hi jacking * But heres two pics of mine ,ones blurry but you get an idea of the detail and size to time.
The one on my forearm of the body in a "mechanical" Looking coffin with letters took about 3 1/2 Hours. The One on my arm took about 3 sessions..at 3 hours a session,than see above the arm how it gets louder and you see a ribcage thing to the back of that theres a gigant mechanical skull head that entire upper piece was done in one 5 hour session.
So your guitar should not take more than one,but on your chest will hurt like a bitch :hshot

Oh yeah..like everyone else said..DONT RUSH INTO SOMETHING THAT WILL BE ON YOU FOREVER,take your time.
Fc

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hm.. allright, thx FunCrusher for the info.
(tats look good)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'd say go for it, Ive got the Thundercats Logo on my right arm, Im about to get a background put on that same arm that comes up onto my shoulder. I wouldnt recommend getting anything that can't be covered by a Short sleeve shirt, just incase you have to be in a professional setting at some future point in your life.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jup... thats what I'm also aware of, I woun't put it anywhere that can't be covered by a shirt and pants

·
Registered
95 Posts
ok for every one on here that thinks tattoos are forever i like how you think and when
you are picking something thats how you should think but i have seen lots of people gave have done work on come back in a week and say if there is anything that they can do to get rid of them and i have hear of a liquid product that you rub on for a treatment of about 6 weeks up to 6 months and it fades the tattoo till not visible but dont count on it to work i have had peopl want to add on there existing tattoos and do about 12 hours of work then want to get rid of the add on but think of it as permanent but just so you know asian symbols are on everyone and myself have done way to many so you wanna be unique get something esle but if you want the meaning and not the unique part go for it and if you dont want to have a full body try and think of it alot and debate the same way you do now so not to get them without purpose if thats what your going for but you choose and have fun its not ever day you get to be art

later

sketch,

Master airbrush and tattoo artist

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"Master airbrush and tattoo artist"

show some stuff pls :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
"chicken sweet sour" now that's funny. Haven't heard of that one.

The two characters you provided do mean rabbit. The first being the old symbol that is not used anymore. The second is the common one. If I had to choose, I would go with the older character.

but then again, you really don't know me and I could just be speaking out of my ass....

oh and , i'm not japanese. :twofinger

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Okay just my 2 cents on this. I have 3 tattoos, 2 are visible and they are also ones that I designed. If you are going to put something on your body make sure that it is meaningful. Not just something that you think everyone else is going to like. Remember it's permanant and depending on where you put it painful. The 3rd one I have I wanted first but then all my friends got hooked on it. It isn't something that I designed, it's a playboy bunny, but as soon as I said that is what I was getting next the guy ended up having to do 4 of us all at the same time and 6 the next day. I'm not friends with any of them anymore and everytime I see it I still regret not getting something patented that I designed again. The first one in the pics is the playboy, then the next one (don't even say that it's the butterfly thing that EVERY other girl gets on her lower back) I got because my old nickname from when I was really little was butterfly in Polish by my grandfather who died. The last one is the one I designed cuz it fits my personality. Unfortunately you can never tell what it is real well from a picture. It's an angel, cuz sometime's I'm nice, a devil for when I'm naughty. And then in the middle, cuz I'm really into astrology, it's my zodiac sign (the pisces)

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts