Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
I looked at the full sequence.

It probably didn't help that he spent a good amount of time waving and looking at the camera while heading into the turn. He probably didn't set his speed and line correctly, veered into the oncoming lane, then as you said target fixated on the driver side fender.

At least he had a helmet on.

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
to mention he panicked an hit the brakes, standing up the bike, which was at full lean (hard parts dragging).

·
Are we not men?
9,017 Posts
Didn't stick the landing...that's going to cost him some style points.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Why'd he stop turning?

Before you answer, that's a rhetorical question.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
I looked at the full sequence.

It probably didn't help that he spent a good amount of time waving and looking at the camera while heading into the turn. He probably didn't set his speed and line correctly, veered into the oncoming lane, then as you said target fixated on the driver side fender.

At least he had a helmet on.
I'm sure that makes the guy with the messed up car feel much better.

KeS

·
Registered
62 Posts
What's messed up is that while this guy couldn't wobble through in his own lane at 25 mph, his residual mess ended up putting a friend of mine in the hospital with severe injuries a few hours later.

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
What's messed up is that while this guy couldn't wobble through in his own lane at 25 mph, his residual mess ended up putting a friend of mine in the hospital with severe injuries a few hours later.
further explanation please.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The oil slick that was left from this, caused my friend to crash. He is now in ICU on a ventilator with a whole list of broken bones along the spine. Fortunately, there doesn't seem to be any spinal cord damage so the prognosis is good, but it is gonna take some time.

This happened on Tuesday, BTW.

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
The oil slick that was left from this, caused my friend to crash. He is now in ICU on a ventilator with a whole list of broken bones along the spine. Fortunately, there doesn't seem to be any spinal cord damage so the prognosis is good, but it is gonna take some time.

thanks for the explanation.

so sorry about your friend brother ... i hate to hear that though. i hope he recovers fully.

·
They call me a ride whore
1,387 Posts

Ouch! What that when Jeff went down the other day??

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
There is a related story to this as well.

The oil that this cruiser spilled onto the road was not cleaned up properly.

There is a guy that frequents the Dragon, his name is "Lucky Strike". I won't reveal his real name. He has that name because he has a GSXR 750 with Kevin Schwantz livery. He was coming around the corner, and hit the oil.
He is now at UT. With a fractured skull (he had full gear on), 2 broken vertabrae at the top of the spine, 2 broken vertabrae at the bottom of his spine, a collapsed lung, lacerated liver, lacerated kidney (may lose it), broken ribs. He is on a ventilator, but is stable and moving his extremeties.

Sorry 8 Ball. I was typing this as you posted up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah that was the crash that left the oil slick. Both the Vette driver and the Triumph rider were from Louisiana, not too far from each other. But they had to come all the way to our woods to crash into each other. Go figure.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Damn. How in the hell did TN not clean up the oil slick from an accident? There's no getting up and brushing yourself off after that cruiser/vette accident so it's not like the authorites weren't called.

Best of luck to your friend. I love the Dragon, but there are way too many idiots on it that ruin it for others.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts