Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tapping/clicking noise?

I tried looking at the archive article on this, but they are still down.

My bike is about 3 weeks old and I have had this ticking/tapping sound since new.

It sounds like fuel injector solenoids on a car, but when I pull in the clutch the sound goes away.

Any thoughts?

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
all of our bikes do it. Some are a little louder than others. Havent heard of anyones motor dropping out yet.

·
Registered
320 Posts
FWIW, my bike makes the tapping sound too (like kdk says, everyone's bike does) except the sound is still there whether the clutch is in or out. The character of the sound does change when the clutch is out versus in, but the tapping sound is definitely still there either way.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a really extreme tap to begin with, but it was a matter of too much slack in my chain. I pulled the slack out, cleaned/lubed the chain, and now she...how to put this....metallic whir? Like a baseball card in a bike spoke.....

The chain after riding a bit will stretch, and while the factory settings are good for initial riding, the top of the top chain will tap lightly on the swingarm. You might want to check that out, and pull back your rear a little.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Since the FZ6 didn't come with a radio to cover the noise, I got a set of pipes to fix that problem. Yeah!

·
Registered
130 Posts
EFI engines all make some sort of buzzing at idol that I've owned. It's usually the injectors but nothing to be alarmed about. A trist of the wrist is all that it needs to make it stop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts