Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight i went out riding with some friends and we got on to a long road no cars i knew they were going to take off so i went and when i got up to where i was going to switch from 2nd to 3rd my handle bars just went wild i just hit my front brake and hoped i didnt wreck but i dont know how it happend? I think there might of been a little 5inch climb on the street then went to being straight after that, my front wheel must have just barly came off the ground when i switched gears and then went crazy scared the shit out of me, i was going pretty fast, but is my bike ok or should i go get it looked at? It never happend to me in 4 years of riding, what do u guys think happend?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yep, most likely the front tire came up just a tad to lose/gain traction too quickly and the bars were probably not straight either while this was happening. If you leaned forward on the front end I'm sure this wouldn't have happened. Going uphill helped the cause as well... I would say there's nothing wrong with your bike, it did everything IT was supposed to do, but the operator caused the wobble :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol i dont it was weird, i wouldnt mind getting a damper but they cost alot of $

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its never happend before the first thing i thought of was grab the front brake, its stoped right after i hit the brakes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts