Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
That must have been a high definition camera or something. The missile launch looks totally fake because it's so clear.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Dude that's so fake!!!!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Give me a break with the fake crap. Some things in life are real. Believe it or not. I think your post is fake. :rolleyes

·
Registered
4,927 Posts

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Yea, not fake. that video has been around for quite some time.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Javelin, eh?

My ex-marine buddy was just describing this shoulder fired missle to me the other day. He said that unlike the TOW it is fire-and-forget and is capable of going straight through a tank. Apparently, whatever is not bolted down inside the tank, like its unfortunate crew, tends to get sucked out of the exit hole or something to that effect.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Yep totally real. That is older n shyt. Thats a T-76 or sum shit Javalin Anti Tank Missle. The ones that are REALLY freakin impressive are the SlamRams that are mounted in a battery of like 6 on top of the Hummers.... Those fekkers are really badass.... Theres a good video of several from actual fighting footage over at Grouchy Media thing must go 20+ miles and then levels a whole 4 story building the size of a city block :eek:

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
kazlab67 said:
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/javelin/
Thats does not seem to be fake, it's a test firing of a Javelin missle. They film it from all angles for the analysis part afterward.
http://strategypage.com/gallery/articles/jx1.asp

Heres other handheld missles
mms://qstream-31.qbrick.com/01580/01580_1344_1_wis_l.wmv
mms://qstream-31.qbrick.com/01580/01580_1344_2_wis_l.wmv

Dam Kaz them 2 vids are wikid!!!! :dblthumb now I just gotta "procure" me one of dem.... be a fun toy to take to the beach on the weekends.... :eek:nfloor

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Well then I guess why it looks fake is because when the missle fires, the missle doesn't come out smooth, I see a figure, then a frame later it's really far away, but the angle of the missle doesn't change at all.... It looks like someone took a still image of a missle and inserted it frame by frame, just moving it off into the distance. You have to at least agree with me that the sky is clear and inserting a missle frame by frame for like 8 or 9 frames wouldn't be that hard. Yeah there's smoke but c'mon, there are some pretty good video wizards out there.

I believe you all that it's real, just stating my case...

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
^^^ 1st, love that frikken avatar spike!!!! :eek:nfloor

2nd LOLz in video drawing it in ... ahhh 9 frames? eh that doan cut it. Video actually runs at 60fps on tv.... especially hispeed vid. That is probably going 120fps. So you need to draw what was the flight time? 5 seconds? Figgure on drawing 500 - 600 minimum...
granted it "could" be done with a team of skilled artists like the crew from the star wars group.... not to mention the editing software required to do it is going to set you back 5000 - 10,000 minimum. You'll need Apples movie studio shit like spielburg and pals use to make a copy as clean as that one is..... so bottom line. I dont think it could be done by joe average inet photoshop nerd type.

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
It's hard to believe that the missile is so accurate, given it's firing method. Looks like it's blown out of the barrel with a small charge before the actual rocket fuel ignites? I dunno shite about this stuff so I may be totally off base. Just kind of strange. I always thought the rocket fuel was the only means of propulsion from the pull of the tr*****/push of the button to detonation. Perhaps it's laser-guided? Cool stuff, nonetheless.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Drifter said:
It's hard to believe that the missile is so accurate, given it's firing method. Looks like it's blown out of the barrel with a small charge before the actual rocket fuel ignites? I dunno shite about this stuff so I may be totally off base. Just kind of strange. I always thought the rocket fuel was the only means of propulsion from the pull of the tr*****/push of the button to detonation. Perhaps it's laser-guided? Cool stuff, nonetheless.
Good info here-> http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/javelin.htm

It's a 'fire-and-forget' missile. It's launched out of the disposable launch tube by a booster and then the primary rocket is used to propell it to it's target. It's a top hit missile so it'll go high up in the air and then come down on the target. Crazy shit.

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
The Jav is crazy like that. :)

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Oh I've got several more funny cat avatars waiting to be unleashed.

A video of that quality was probably only 30 FPS... and the time you can actually see the missle is very short, I highly doubt 5 seconds, go back and watch it again. If I knew how to make smoke, I gaurantee you that I could fake that. It would be a lot of effort but I could do it.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Spike said:

A video of that quality was probably only 30 FPS... and the time you can actually see the missle is very short, I highly doubt 5 seconds, go back and watch it again. If I knew how to make smoke, I gaurantee you that I could fake that. It would be a lot of effort but I could do it.

You realize to even capture that missle at all it was done on extremely high shutter/film speed. Any time you try to catch a swift moving object on film it takes a tremendous amount of film. Upwards of 100x depending on the speed of the object they are recording.

*I worked with the Baywatch film crew shooting and working as first camera assistant operator and also as a loader for 4 years. I been around cameras and filming most of my life. ... :cheers scanned one of my crew shirts hehe

Attachments

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Spike said:

The missle is literally pushed out of the tube by a small charge to reduce smoke, which would pinpoint the launcher, as well as to reduce recoil.
The main propellant is then fired which flies the missle to the target.
The Trident missle works the same way, it is first pushed up out of the water away from the submarine and then fired. We are not dealing with bottle rockets here.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts