Sport Bikes banner
241 - 244 of 244 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
^^^
I think that's what's known as a straw man. Not sure...

They were all sitting behind the wheel, driving that car and caused it to swerve off that perfectly straight road into that tree?? Maybe it was the popcorn! Don't eat popcorn and drive, people. Especially while sitting in a movie theatre.

More troubling is how the theatre got access to everyone's cell phone numbers. And why weren't those idiot's phone ringers turned off! There's a PSA for that, too! Where's the outrage? Everyone should know that by now! It's all a part of the conspiracy.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
First let me say the I once broke a mirror off a car and dropped my bike right after because I looked at a hot chick that was looking at me. I did however avoid the big wreck I would have had if I hadnt taken action quickly once I seen I was comming up on a bunch of cars braking hard.

Second I can say that I absolutely have had talking on the phone save me from accidents. More than once I have been very tired and picked up my phone and talked to someone till I made it the rest of the way home. I have also had other times that I didnt talk on the phone and when I got home could not remember the trip to the house at all..... I am sure I was a much b***** danger when I couldnt remember even taking turns.
you little special snowflake you

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
you little special snowflake you
I wouldnt say special. Lucky maybe but not really special.

I get it that talking on the phone takes some attention off the road and we dont want that to happen. In an ideal situation we would have be fully rested, have no outside distractions, no people or kids in the car to distract us, so on and so on. If we are going this route then we should not stop with phones. We should have all radios removed or at least all controls for the radio disabled while the vehicle is moving. Same thing for GPS. Temperature control should also be disabled while the vehicle is moving. Also no smoking while driving. Same with dip and chew. No need for drink holders in the car because a drink is a distraction. Some people should not chew gum either while driving (some cant walk while chewing gum). The list goes on.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
and in that sterile scenario, I would fall asleep within moments.

241 - 244 of 244 Posts