Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gals/guys,

Well a brief overview. I'm thinking of moving to Tampa, FL and was wondering if anyone could give me some help. I need to know how the job market is in Tampa. I studies accounting (going for CPA), finance, and information systems in college. Worked as a senior auditor/tax for about three years. Is there good jobs for accountants/finance in the area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jimbo

·
Banned
101 Posts
Well, I'm doing the same thing (moving to Tampa, FL that is), and it appears to be fertile ground for finance-type employment. On a macro-level, all you have to do is drive down I-275 and you will see the downtown Tampa skyline is composed of mostly (if not all) financial entities.

I do a lot of international taxation/research/planning work, and I was able to land several interviews (was over-qualified for both, but could have easily procured an offer from one, but didn't feel like "busting my ass") rather easily (thanks to a good friend :) ). A homogeneous co-worker moved to Clearwater recently and swiftly found employment. All my indicators say "Go". With respect to salary, I found no differential in my case, and I work just outside of Boston. Then again, what I do is a little "unique".... :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
start calling around! I'll keep my eyes out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts