Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Twitter @eloquenceinc
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I rode in it. 5pm, got off training for my new job, looked with a lot of disappointment at the rain, waited for it to wash surface oil off (and lighten up), and jumped on the road in all gear except leather pants.

Halfway to the exit for the highway, rain doesn't fall, it POURS. I mean I get on the highway and people are creeping 40 or 30 and all hazard lights are on, some people even stopped. I kept going, I said well, i've been caught in a downpour before so i can do this. I am wishing i was wearing leather like that last time but I say hey, wet pants, I can deal with it.

Mannnnnn. Water soaked THROUGH me, into the unmentionables, INTO the big old tough leather Alpinestar boots, i mean, water is sloshing around in my boots while I'm on the highway! Wet is not the word! I had to crack my helmet visor from early to avoid condensation messing up my vision.

I made it home without incident though, cause i just keep the actual 2 or 3 car lengths in front of me instead of the lesser amount we do when it's dry. And right near my exit to go home the skies cleared, so i could give it some gas.

I had to jump off the bike and into the car to go get my son from daycare (this is the usual routine right now), and boy...if i catch a cold tomorrow you all know why. I changed the socks and boots for barefoot and the work shoes i had in my backpack cause i couldn't take it anymore. I felt like a soldier. Except for the Harry Potter backpack I "stole" from my son to avoid buying my own. lol.

Gone again.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Sounds like you need a good rain suit. Come to think of it, I need one too. My mesh jacket has a waterproof liner, but I don't have any pants to go with it. My boots are waterproof though.

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
I have finally figured out how to keep my clothes from getting soaked and weighing a ton when riding in the rain......... I ride naked.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
:eek:nfloor OH Yeah...I was out today and it poured!!! just like florida...2 inches in an hour...I was on the "enduro" bike instead of the F4i...so I just got all my gear soaked, which is now hanging in the garage with 3 fans going...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Naughty76 said:
I have finally figured out how to keep my clothes from getting soaked and weighing a ton when riding in the rain......... I ride naked.
:banana Now that's what I'm talking about!! :banana

1 - 6 of 6 Posts