Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I went down and made myself a nice pair of chaps from Scorpion Savannah textiles.

I'm now looking for leather track pants or a 2 piece suit. All the womens gear I tried on seem to be made for 4 footers. I'm 5'8. I also have a 25 inch waist with a fair amount of hip so the mens gear would be flapping in the wind on most of me.

Ideas? Advice appreciated. Also a place that actually stocks womens gear would be nice, everywhere I look online is 'discontinued' or 'out of stock'. I figured I'd leave this out of the womens section just in case a guy geared up a passenger.

Spidi: I looked at the spidi poison suit (um, yum) but I was talking to a short thing that had the same measurements as me...she told me it would likely be to short (I'd need about a Spidi 40/42 euro sizing).

AStar: I haven't bothered looking at alpinestars since there's a lot of reviews saying the plastic womens zippers break. Also, for anyone who likes to slowly cruise around and have the same problem, the Vika is gorgeous. For me it's not protective enough, very thin and 'buttery soft', and no perf option...and it doesn't come in champagne in the pants yet :p

Dainese: I love the Dainese. Please tell me there's something in dainese that's long. Keep in mind the smaller the size the more they tend to chop off material.

Anything else I should look into? I know teknic has stuff, I also bought a pair of riding boots that fell apart the first week I had them.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Custom is the way to go. SYED Leathers

You can also try Velocity Home page but there seems to be a problem with the custom suit link on their site.

You should give Alpinestar a look though. Not all their gear is cheaply made. I had a really nice tracksuit from them that I had to sell because it was too tall for me (and I'm 5'7") for the size I needed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Custom is the way to go. SYED Leathers

You can also try Velocity Home page but there seems to be a problem with the custom suit link on their site.

You should give Alpinestar a look though. Not all their gear is cheaply made. I had a really nice tracksuit from them that I had to sell because it was too tall for me (and I'm 5'7") for the size I needed.
Trying to avoid custom...half afraid of it...especially since I'm a woman who wants a 2 piece...not sure how that would pan out. Also it seems like all the people I know who had customs have a bad case of diaper butt (baggy ass).

Don't get me wrong, I love AStars (their boots anyhow). But I'd need about a size 2-4 which would still leave me up to 4 inches to short of where they should be...so I'd probably just stick to the to short Spidis. And I don't want a one piece (this will be used daily in traffic). And the only pants I could find are Stella GP Plus ones that have a lot of complaints with the plastic zips. Or the Vikas that zip but are only .9mm "buttery soft" leather.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Hmm... the reason leathers tend to be a little saggy in the butt (and other places) is because they are made for a (sometimes aggressive) riding position, not a standing position.

My Velocity leathers:

Syed does make two-piece leathers. They'll make whatever you want. I have a jacket only from them, but I modified their jacket template to be exactly how I wanted it (more hip length than waist length) and they produced exactly what I asked for. I still get compliments on that jacket today (literally today), six years after I got it.

I'm sure they'd work with you to make the pants exactly how you want them. Ask for Stephan. He's a genius.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm... the reason leathers tend to be a little saggy in the butt (and other places) is because they are made for a (sometimes aggressive) riding position, not a standing position.

My Velocity leathers:

Syed does make two-piece leathers. They'll make whatever you want. I have a jacket only from them, but I modified their jacket template to be exactly how I wanted it (more hip length than waist length) and they produced exactly what I asked for. I still get compliments on that jacket today (literally today), six years after I got it.

I'm sure they'd work with you to make the pants exactly how you want them. Ask for Stephan. He's a genius.
Nice pics! What's the link to velocity? What size suit is that if you don't mind me asking? How many measurements did they take? And that's nothing. Pamper butt can get a whole lot worse then that lol. All the same I've never seen a saggy assed womens dainese sport rider.

Have a pic of the jacket?

Also, love the sidis!

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
I was about 30 pounds heavier in those pics than I am now, so I'm not going to share the size or measurements lol :p But the website has a list of measurements they need from you. I recommend getting a seamstress or tailor to take the measurements for you. The link is in my first post above.

Here's my Syed jacket. It's only been 5.5 years since I got it, not 6. Went back and found the thread from when I first had it made. Nov of '08. This pic is from just over a year ago.

The down side to custom: if you lose or gain a significant amount of weight, the gear may not fit so well anymore. I gained and lost a bunch of weight during the time I've had this jacket. I never stopped wearing it, but it was pretty snug there for a while. Granted, I had some off the rack gear that I couldn't fit into at all during that time. I'm back in my favorite Joe Rocket textile riding pants now, which is awesome. But the off the rack pants in the pic above are too big.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice, what pants are you wearing btw? Are they custom?

The down side to custom: if you lose or gain a significant amount of weight, the gear may not fit so well anymore.
I hear you. I got rather down a few years ago (ironically the same time my bike went down so I didn't have to buy new gear till now). I tacked on exactly 30 lbs as well lol. Squat into everything. Refused to by new clothes until I found my happy and it all fell off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts