1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just got a new silver FZ6 and while delighted with the bike I feel a
little awkward on the bike (I'm 6'4"). I think what I need are straighter
handlebars that would allow me to lean forward more.

Has anyone done this? Any handlebar model you can recommend?

Thank you.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
madscientist said:
Go with handle bar risers (gen mar) and it will help you out. I'm 6' 2'' and it really helped me a lot.

later,
Murphy
Interesting, I was trying to achieve the opposite by getting a handlebar
that doesn't rise and sweep back as much as the stock. This way I thought
I'd be able to lean forward more and therefore put some more weight on
the arms instead of the back. My back is what suffers the most on long
rides.
In what way did the genmar risers help you, ie. how did your pose change?
What was your initial problem?

Thank you

·
Registered
310 Posts
they sat me straight up which I like better, maybe look at some clip ons or drag bars (search the forum) or look into a corbin seat if your back is hurting. I would assume that if you lean forward more it will be more uncomfortable on your back. I went with just a 7/8 in rise on mine but they also make a riser that sweeps back 1 in. but it looked like it would be a trashy looking mount. So if the risers don't work gel your seat or buy a corbin to help the old back out.

Later,
Murphy

·
Registered
111 Posts
Try the LSL street bar. It's a 45mm rise with a 90mm pullback. I posted on another thread the stock stats, and I believe the pullback is 110mm on stock. The Coerce bars I have are a 30mm rise with a 100mm pullback. If you are looking for the most forward lean, the LSL are the way to go. I was looking to go lower and that is why I changed from LSL to Coerce.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The one thing you have to look at is if the bars touch the fairings or gas tank. This could pose a real problem in tight slow turns. I myself have the suburban machinery bars. They put you forward and lower. They do touch the fairing/mirror on the brake lever, but i counter this by adjusting my brake to the shortest position (5 or 4).

:Edit for picture:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts