Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
SBN SuperMod
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m torn at this point between a Buell and a Speed Triple.

Give me the lows & highs of Buell ownership.

Further, if you have a Lightning, would you have rather had a Firebolt, or visa versa & why? Passenger comfort on either? Have to have mods?

Thanks. :cheers

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Speed 3 all the way.The 05 is one mean looking bike and a proven machine.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Just look at it.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
old vs new.....either way they look good

Attachments

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
I think the triples are a little too short looking... Something about the triples bothers me and I can't quite put my finger on it. That's just my opinion... I've heard it's a really nice ride, just doesn't look to hot IMO.

·
SBN SuperMod
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Super Ninja S2K said:
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUELL :dunno
I’m sorry – it wasn’t my intention to ask if everyone liked Buells, or not, as I couldn’t really care less about popular opinion. Rather, I was looking for informed observations of the bike itself from those with experience with them, hence the reason I posted this thread in the Buell forum.

alaska cajun said:
Just look at it.
It is a beautiful bike, and I’d like one of each, along with 40 or so others, in my garage, but I’ve gotta be a one bike guy for the foreseeable future. :)

·
Registered
910 Posts
Between the tow choices, I would opt for the Buell

·
Registered
16 Posts
Super Ninja S2K said:
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUELL :dunno
:rolleyes

Since this is a section specifically for buell owners, enthusiasts, and prospectives, why come in here just to bash? Have you ever riden one?

Buells are fine machines and I would get one before the Triumph any day. Better suspension, more reliable engine, and better service from Buell...MUCH better warranty. Buell also promotes modification and sanctioned racing. It's just a better package.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
This is the title of the thread.

Talk me into, or out of, a Buell

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Makenzie70 said:
People with no experience have no place being a persuasive audience.
And what makes you think Super Ninja has no knowlage of the matter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I do have to say that the new triple looks nice, and has nice numbers, but I'd still prefer the Buell. The Buell's powerband is still better...power all over it. I can't stand by my "better suspension" comment, the Triumph's suspension is new.

·
SBN SuperMod
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry for any confusion I may have caused - I probably should not have even mentioned the Triple.

To clarify: I am looking for opinions of the Buell from people with experience with them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I own a 2003 buell Lightning XBs. I like the look of my bike, The Tourqe and the ride position. I kind of have a bad back were if I sit forward too long my back started to hurt. When I am on my bike I am comfortable and I havent had any back problems because of riding on it as yet. Test rode a Firebolt. I thought it was an ok bike. I didnt care for the valance or the ride position that is just like the other sport bikes. That is about all I can tell you is that I enjoy my bike and I am glad I got it.

As far as other bikes I cannot say anything about them because I havn't rode them or own one.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts