Sport Bikes banner

Does your spouse, gf, bf, come to the track w/ you?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Dont Ask

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing track days close to a year now and I have been seeing the same girl for almost 3. In that time, I ask on each occasion that Im going, if she wants to go with me. Each answer is a no, next time. Well, I just got back from a weekend at Summit and again no gf. Im thinking that, if she really cared about me she would go in case something bad happened (heaven forbid) or am I wrong.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I haven't done my track day yet, but when the bf used to race CCS I was always there... AMA races, and now the MotoGP in July. Never will I miss a track day for anyone I know. If I'm invited, I'm going!

as for your gf, she might not want to go just because of the reason that you may get hurt and she doesn't want to have to see it...

·
Which way is up?
34 Posts
I think if you have a few friends that you meet up with for these track days, get THEIR significant others involved as well. Maybe start off with a group going out(not even to the track day) but for a drink or something. Then from there get into going tot he track. The girls can all sit and chit chat and then maybe during a downtime if you have one, you can all chill and grill out or something. Don't know how your track days work, so i'm going off of my Road America experience with cars

Chris

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
97, Ive tried stuff like that in the past (not including bikes even) it worked out well for the first few weeks then she likes no i dont want to go I dont like them. Besides things arent going well in other areas too, think we towards the end of this thing. Hate to say it.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Bikes aren't every girl's thing... it can be difficult dating someone that's not into bikes. The last guy I dated wasn't into bikes, couldn't understand my fascination with them, and felt like he was second to motorcycles in my life... which was true, I have to admit! But anyway, she may not want to watch, because she knows she'll be bored out of her mind. But if you don't think things are going to work out, you need to end it, the sooner the better. Sometimes you have to do what you know to be right, what you know will make you happy in the end.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zx, your right. the funny thing is she will sit down and watch racing on tv. She's taken an interest in it. She knows a few riders and likes the haydens. I dont know.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'll vote yes.... my gf seems to like going and is planning on going to the 4 I have this year. (already had one). She wants to get her own bike and in a couple years do track days as well :) She's my video camera/digi cam shooter!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts