Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... Im currently living In sunny hot as hell Florida... the land of no turns. Im planning on taking a trip up to deals gap for a weekend pretty soon. Im wondering if anyone who has done the trip, or at least been there has any suggestions on where to stay. Im trying to do this on a budget of like $0 because Im poor. So ill be riding my bike to and from... and most likely will want to camp instead of getting a room.

Also Im wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what route to take... maybe something with some decent roads on the way there.

Ill be leaving from Melbourne FL (near orlando)

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
I hate you.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
check out the south FL forums we have a couple threads in there about where we stayed I recommend www.kickstandlodge.com tell them terry with the yellow honda sent you. 15 to camp or 40 for the nice cabin!!!
great people and only 20 miles from the gap it self

email me later and I can give you the low down

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Let me know when your going. I live just north of atlanta, been wanting to ride up there sometime. I was probably gonna make a daytrip out of it though, head out early one morning. Are you trailering the bike up there?

·
Don't tease the dragon
1,193 Posts
Yes, people have done it and do it all the time.

You can plan on camping at the crossroads, or Fontana Dam (9 miles away) if you want a quieter atmosphere. Rooms at the crossroads are cheap, too if the weather goes to crap.
Give me a yell when you're going - I'm there routinely and would be glad to show you around if you like.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
let me know when you decide to head up there i live 40 mins north of you in edgewater and if its before i ship to parris island for boot camp ill ride with you

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
ive been wanting to do a ride up there as well... I just did about a 900 mile trip last weekend... I met you that day at the point... another guy from the board is going up this week upcoming, his name on here is fotocycle

later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts