Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SBN's bad luck charm
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my first ride on a true-blue racebike tonight. I borrowed said bike from a co-worker and took it for a spin in the parking lot. WOW. I didn't realize it was possible to wheelie clear into 4th gear, but apparently it is. I know, an awfully squid-ly thing to do, but luckily I nor the bike was damaged in any way. Yes, I had FULL gear on and I was simply applying a touch too much throttle. Brian (the owner) was laughing hysterically during this little exercise in terror...when it was over, I laughed too, albeit with shaky knees and the sudden urge to have a pleasurable bowel movement (haha!). The bike was a Gixxer1000 with some different gearing (wondered why I had to shift so much), and a slightly shorter swingarm than stock (maybe that explains it!).

What have I learned, dear reader? NOT to play grab-ass with a no-shit bike, despite my years of experience riding. Beginners' error, I guess. No, I wasn't intentionally trying to wheelie, least of all in a parking lot where there were lots of very pricey autos around.

The kicker? Brian didn't tell me it was a racebike until AFTER I was through embarrassing myself. The bike was simply decked out in its street skins.

Silly me, ah well.....why is it I want to do that again? Arrrgghh!!

*Anti-flame suit ON!!*

·
SBN's bad luck charm
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, true story!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts