Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just off to guy run then head to bed. Tommorow gotta be up at the school at 8am. Anyways, i'll tell ya all how it goes.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Great!! You'll learn a lot and have a great time as well. Let us know how it goes.

·
who......me????
293 Posts
i took it a couple yrs ago...i learned a lot and i had already ridden for a few yrs, i highly recommend it

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
snigg said:
msf is for people that are scared to learn on their own.

:twofinger
90% of accidents are by rider's who are self taught........

8:00 slacker, we start class a 7:30

good luck, keep your mind open, have FUN!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
how cool for you.. have fun and make sure you pay attention. You'll be amazed at what you learn.
8?! dang, I had to be at mine in MN at 6:30..(and started to snow) geared up and ready to go by 7.... lucky bastard.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I start mine today too.

It goes: Thursday, Friday 6-9pm (class portion)
Saturday, Sunday 8am-5pm (riding portion)

It's gonna be rough.. I've been going out every day this week, and getting about 4 hours of sleep. Last night I was out til 3am and today I've been at work since 8 :headbang Tonight, after class, I'm going out for my friend's B-Day... and the same thing is going to repeat :( I think, I ought to take a day off tomorrow :dunno

Good luck at your class. I'll try not to fall asleep at mine :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well guys just got home. And you know, I still can't wipe the stupid grin off my face. Big shout out to racerx, squid killer, etc because if you guys were as good as my dude, then i'm sure you've saved alot of people. So heres how it went, for the people interested skip to bottom if you don't wanna read.

Morning: Got to class and did bookwork then watched these little movies about each section. Movies were kinda cheesy, seemed like struggling actors trying to catch a break but being thrown bad scripts. However, the information was very cool. Learned all my SEE things, FINE-C on starting, just alot of valuable stuff. Got a 96 on the test.

Afternoon: Went out to the range and naturally i picked the ninja 250. I was just sitting there sitting on it smiling, i must of have looked hilarious. We go over how to start it and start. We rocked it back and forth and so on. THen we got to the friction zone witch i picked up real well. We did the clutch power walking, then finally got to ride. I let out the clutch, put my feet on the pegs...and just said to myself, "One of my lifelong goals is happening right now". My stomach was full of butterflies just from the sheer anticipation of what riding would be like. And I can honestly say, it didn't let me down. We got to ride the long ways around the parking lot. Got to work on braking but we got 2 really get it going before we would break. My lil 250 ninja was just cruising compared to the...well cruiser bikes there. I had no idea how loud that engine got when you rev'd it, and I only got it to 7k. Finally we did weaving which was awesome at first, but then I got stuck behind 2 old ladies and they were taking their merry time. Its so crazy how the faster you go the more stable you feel. Then we packed up and I'm headed back tommorow at 7:45am.

For those that jumped down past my day, let me just try and describe my day for you. It was like, like going to an amusement park with no lines and the ride under you the whole time. To be totally honest, it was probably the most fun thing i've eVER done in my life. Well i've said enough, ride safe ya'll

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Awesome description. Glad it's going well so far. Sounds like you're doing great. I remember the butterflies from my first instruction. Got another good case at the beginning of the spotting laps of my first track day. Something else for you to look forward to down the line. Have fun and pay attention the next couple of days. It just may save your life.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
YEA! I'm excited for for you! I remember how annoyed at first I was that I had to take the class over again because Wi wouldn't honor my Tx motorcycle endorsment. but I actually had fun and learned alot, even tho I had been riding for a while.

It gets even more fun when you get to do figure 8's, and the such...

CONGRATS AGAIN!!

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
great, puts a grin on my face to read something like that. makes it all worthwhile to teach the class.....

good on ya!

fyi, i wish we had ninja's.....wait till tom. and "the box" i'd imagine it's gonna be kinda hard on that bike.

try counterweighting and 2nd gear.....hint hint

1 - 14 of 14 Posts