1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you read this? This is too weird -- and the research is
right! What do you think?

HMUAN MNID - PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg!
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht
oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist
and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you
can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not
raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.. Amzanig huh?

It took me a minute when this was sent to me to actually realize that it wasnt in order. Crazy though..

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
That is awsome, I could read everything just fine, lol

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Repost from a week or two ago??

This is a repost from a few months ago, then again a month ago, then again a few weeks ago, now here it is again.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I had trouble because it was red against a black background, other than that, it is easy, the faster you read through it, the easier it is, something to do with the mind seeing the shape and pattern rather than the word itself.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Eh, first time I'm I've seen it, and it was pretty cool!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Interesting stuff. Good to know, could be utilized in advertising.

·
Registered
912 Posts
wow i didn't think i could do that

·
Registered
430 Posts
I was able to read everything fine... but what does it mean if someone is not able to???

·
rebel litre
3,748 Posts
i think it has to do with the mind being able to recognize the first and the third letter of every word and making common sence out of the other letters in the word itself. i seen this a while back and was pretty freaked out about it.

hmmmm.... or is it that , as long as the letters that are supposed to be in the word are in there(as long as the 1st letter and last 1 or 2 letters) remains in the same place) the brain can begin to unravel it and place it into the proper spaces???????

·
Registered
238 Posts
thats cool

·
Registered
318 Posts
The research behind it showed that you could read the words so long as the first and last letter were in the correct place.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
There was an ad that used that for the H2 when it came out it said the H2 can adapt to situations not normaly exposed to just like your mind.

·
Registered
251 Posts
So then why are English teachers so hard on spelling errors! They should only care about the first and last letter placement! Bastards!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts