Sport Bikes banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
no, i've never adjusted it myself unfortunately. the bike was gone before i could do any real maintenance to it other than plugs and cleaning the chain.

so where is everyone? i see people looking!

·
Registered
241 Posts
alright...i'll do my part.

anyone in here like house/trance/breaks music? I'm a DJ with my own decks and stuff, I've been spinning for about 2 years now. i spin all sorts of stuff, and have posted it up on the net for people to check out.

anywho, i'm about to spin up a sweet progressive house set, i think... as soon as I get it all onto my laptop to go to the decks with it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ok ok enough lurking Im thowing my .2 cents in... and if anyone wants a refund.. well. Its ok. Im in the military I make enough to pay them back. but not you..
Yeah trance is kewl beans. But I havent done much work on my 500f adjusted the idle since it was too low and the play on the throttle since it had to much free play. slowly but shurely my tools are starting to creep up on it.. Wee
OK someone else throw something in.. like liking squirrels or something off topic and such

·
Registered
241 Posts
i was in the military for a bit too. 19K.

I've got quite abit of wrenching to do on my 500: swap plugs, adjust chain. alright maybe not quite a bit... but still.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Xyloft said:
i was in the military for a bit too. 19K.

I've got quite abit of wrenching to do on my 500: swap plugs, adjust chain. alright maybe not quite a bit... but still.
Bah nothing a good weekend and a 12 pack of beer can't extend..unless
"But Honey, the bike needs this that and the other thing,... wait your wearing which one?" Screw this!! (runs inside):leghump

·
Registered
241 Posts
so i went on a little group ride today, 4 of us - two R6's one 07 CBR600RR and me.

both R6 guys, kept askgin me "so when are you goign to upgrade?" "are you ready to move up" etc. sigh... 2 years. maybe more. i'm not planning on it any time soon. not that i can even afford it anyway.

good times though, and even though they were pushing me to go b*****, they still took into consideratino i was a new rider and kept it slow and kept it off hte highway. OH, and first night ride. which wasn't to bad, but i deffinately don't prefer it at all.

·
Registered
241 Posts
belladonna said:
:lol i was wondering where this went!
yeah we left it idle for over 30 days and it dissapeared. i guess i need to bump this more often.

almost 1250 miles on the bike this summer. my goal is 2,000 before the season's out, but i just dont think that's going to happen. 40 miles is my nonstop max, and i can do 60-70 a day in different trips.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I love night riding! Well comuting anyway. I have a strange perspective though...When I rode during the day, every retard on the road was driving. At night, there were hardly any cars, and I never had to even been remotly close to one. Sometimes I would be the only vehicle on the road. I was still scanning for the retards who were roaming around, but never had a night time problem. All of my problems were during the day..(2 accidents)

On a side note, I was using past tense because I don't actually ride on streets or comute at all on my bike. I don't have any gear right now, and Tucson is just way to dangerous with an average of 1 motorcycle death per week. But I just got a job really close to my house, so I'm going to start riding it there to stretch my bikes legs a bit.

·
Registered
241 Posts
yeah. school sucks, i agree. i'm actually in bowling green ohio this week recruiting and interviewing...weird being on the other side of the table, that's for sure.

as far as night riding goes, i do it more often now, but i still don't like it, oncoming cars blind me, and there is just as much traffic. i'm afraid most of that traffic has had alcohol too. but i live on teh edge of a city, so if i want to stay away from cars i turn right out of my subdivision and drive in country roads. kind of nice. if i turn left i start driving into the city with piss poor roads.

good variety though.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I refuse to let this thread die.

so i'm chillin in hong kong - I'd love to bring my bike out here and take on some of these roads. ...on coming traffic on the other hand, i could do without.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts